Need to Replace Crank Case Breather Hose

4corsa

I noticed a small puddle of oil under my '02 Scura after a 50 mile ride yesterday.  Turns out the crank case breather hose split just above the lower connection point.  It sure couldn't be any more buried behind everything else, but it looks like I might have a decent chance at accessing it with the gas tank (and possibly air box?) removed. 

Any suggestions from those who have already enjoyed this task would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

I replaced the breather recently on my Le Mans Tenni.  I did have to remove/loosen some wiring and electrics to get the hose connected at the front as space is pretty tight.  It's probably quicker and easier to take things off and refit rather than struggle. I struggled first, then removed stuff.

Thanks for the input, and that Tank Off Maintenance Checklist is great!

Let me know if you find anything on it that is obsolete, fails to link, or needs amended. I try to keep it up to date and linked to all the great experience from this community. :thumbsup:

Same thing with the 2001 V11 Sport I bought last week. The breather hose is clearly cracked, and I hope this is the only thing causing the oil leak.... Fingers crossed! I am used to a Honda 550, and this V11 sure feels different. In a good way.