Installing SpeedHut gauges

Kiwi_Roy

Success!  I now have two fully functional and great looking gauges!

After utilizing the work bench and the housing I was able to get the bolts aligned and the lock nuts tightened with some locktite.  After which I was able to get the back housing on and fasten it with the original four nuts.  It definitely took a lot of trial and error to get the appropriate depth of the bolts and alignment.  One tip is once I was close to where bolts needed to be, I marked the back of the gauge so that I could line them back up if I accidentally moved it while adjusting, which happened quite a bit.

I set the tach to 2 PPR and confirmed it was very accurate with Guzzidiag.  I programmed the odometer to the same mileage as on the stock gauge.  I went for a short test ride and all functioned extremely well.  I still need to take out the old speedometer cable and plug it up.  I received the bolt from Zoro this afternoon.  Thanks everyone for the help on this task!

Here are a couple final pictures.  I will update with some night pics later on.

10.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2023 at 12:37 PM, cowtownchemist said:

I programmed the odometer to the same mileage as on the stock gauge. 

Hey - that's a new feature from Speedhut. The ones I ordered needed to have the mileage set by them.

1 hour ago, Scud said:

Hey - that's a new feature from Speedhut. The ones I ordered needed to have the mileage set by them.

I installed mine in 2017 and they shared the odometer procedure with my. I posted it a few pages back. Pretty sure even the older units' odometer can be set to a specified starting point.

[edit: Here is the procedure to set the odometer to your desired value, on Page 11 of this thread/ May 19, 2017:

• Like 3