Installing SpeedHut gauges

Kiwi_Roy

Well, nuts, so much lost image content in this great thread from Kiwi_Roy, Scud, mjptexas, and moto fugazzi courtesy of PhotoBlockit. :bbblll:

If you gentlemen would consider rehosting some images, it would be great! :thumbsup:

Docc

I am so pissed with photobucket there is no chance of me posting the ransom they demand.

I thought I would hold my nose and sign up for a year but my browser (I Mac) is so old it craps out

Is there any chance of setting up this site so the images can be permanently attached?

We don't need such high resolution

Yep, you can put your images in the Gallery here.

Also, know that you can go to PhotoBucket and "Download" back to you computer in one file.

Thanks, Roy! Such great content. Thanks for going to the effort to restore it.

I found that downloading a complete file of my Pho'Bucket helped me look for content I needed to restore.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it seems the face of the tach is rotating (not the gauge body).  I'll have to remove the bezel again and try to get it anchored (maybe a couple dots of cyanoacrylate adhesive/"SuperGlue").

That bezel is really hard to get square and screw down.

• 11 months later...

Looking for ideas on why my speedometer doesn’t want to work. It is not a GPS model. I made a sending unit using a reed switch like on page 1. One side of the switch has connection to the switched power source. All the positive leads from the speedo hook up to this source also. The other side of the switch goes to the yellow green wire that’s supposed to get the pulse. I can verify with a test light that it’s getting intermittent power while rolling the bike.

When I try to calibrate it says there is no signal. They calibrate differently that the one used by Roy. Now, you drive to a preset speed and push the button instead of going a fixed distance.

• 2 weeks later...

So, as near as I can tell, the sensor as shown on page 1 with the magnet and reed switch does not work on newer programmable speedometers. I bought the Dakota Digital pulse generator and it worked from the getgo. I cobbed the supplied 7/8” fitting to attach it to the gear drive. A better way would be to buy 7/8” alum hex stock and tap either end with 16mmx1.0 thread on one end and 5/8x18 thread on the other. This fitting needs to be no more than about 1” to clear the throttle body linkage. To install, the plastic socket of the ball and socket linkage join snaps off.

To attach the gauges the supplied threaded collars are used on the factory bracket, and the front (back???) shell is relieved with a coping saw and Dremel tool. Three bolts secure the shell and engage the backs of the threaded inserts used for the center light stack.

50465092-EF9F-4E42-B476-F75D99842B8A.jpeg

• Like 1

Pulse generator fitting. 7/8” hex. The Dakota Digital device has a 5/8x18 thread. The gear drive nipple that previously mounted the 60 degree cable drive has a 16mmx1.0 thread.

8518F8DA-4246-4906-BD15-080C3D9E7D8A.jpeg

Fourteen pages of stuff to digest takes a while so take your time. Seems the Veglia gauges can be sold in a snap. Palo Alto Speedometer bought my speedo but the tach broke and my repair botched rendering it junk. I happened across this indicating a different approach:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Moto-Guzzi-V11-Sport-Custom-Aluminum-Gauge-Cluster-with-Koso-RX2N-Gauge-/162841932309

s-l1600.jpg