Rear shock options in UK

stewgnu

My Sachs has just emptied itself.  :lol:  :angry:

Which serves me right for:

1) Saying "I think my bike's fairly sorted now".

2) Claiming that "I think I got a 'good one'".

I saw from previous threads that rossi46 fitted a Hyperpro to his machine.

Any other suggestions from other UK owners?  Due to a new set of tyres and needing new clocks I don't fancy spending on top quality Ohlins or owt...

Any input much appreciated.

Ta,

Stew

Best budget shock is Hagon as they will build to suit weight/riding style, I may have a Sachs shock if you need to keep mobile for now?

Hopefully its in a box somewhere in my mothers garage, let me know and I'll try to find it.

Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Not an owner in the UK, but I replaced my Sachs with a Hyperpro 460. What a difference. Major. They build them to suit as well.

I wanted the simplest shock they had. The V11 is complicated enough to own without having some shock with 150 levels of adjustment.....like I would even notice them.

Get rid of the Sachs. You will be glad you did.

• Like 1

@JB I've been looking at the Hyperpro 460 myself, glad to hear you are so pleased with it. Where did you buy yours in the US?

@Stew and Paso: Bummer on the sudden failure after you had the decency to compliment your bike in public. Where are her manners? However, it's cool to see the generosity. The Sheffield Brotherhood of the Traveling Sachs.   :whistle:

@JB I've been looking at the Hyperpro 460 myself, glad to hear you are so pleased with it. Where did you buy yours in the US?

Here:

http://www.epmperf.com/hyperpro-motorcycle-shocks.htm

I called and gave them my make, model, riding style and weight when geared up. I spend the extra 10 bucks to get a black spring.

Took about a week to get it.

Thanks JB.  FYI - EPM is offering a spring special for about another week.  It's not advertised, but over the phone, they told me it's $50 off the $619 regular price, along with a coupon for a free rebuild (which normally costs $279). +$10 black spring + shipping.

Smoother roads ahead...  :thumbsup:

The pound has strengthened against the dollar a bit recently. Might be worth a call.

Cheers fellas, and Extra Cheers to paso! :bike:

As I'm currently minus speedo + shocker + no m.o.t....  Won't be on the road for a few,  I think I'll prob stump up for a Hyperpro unit.  £370 on ebay at the mo, seems a fair price.  Hagons maybe too budget?

So... fitting a new speedotelemotry device...  why is this not more simpler?

For example:

I've been looking at Moorespeedracing.co.uk who have various options for various lovely speedo sensors: Universal cable, Type 'm' cable, magnetics, active non-magnetic...

Would there be an obvious hook-up for our v11's at all?

Today it rained.  But tomorrow it may be sunny + fine!

That koso combined guage looks not-so-bad.

Would it be a case of fitting magnets or can it be hooked up to the cable ok?

p.s. I've emailed maxton too...

FYI:  The Penske 8900E can be fitted to a V11.

http://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/penske-racing-monoshocks-8900e/

Backstory - Todd at Guzzitech was busy moving shop and his website said 8900E was only for CARC.  I called Penske directly, they said 8900E would not fit the V11.  Then Todd called Penske and they figured out that it can be fitted.  So... Guzzitech site now lists 8900E as an option for us.  Too late for me, since I already placed my order for the Hyperpro.  Had I known in time, and for about the same price, I think I would have gone with the Penske.

Well I wanted a Nitron but they don't make them for our bikes.

So I too have a Hyperpro on order, hooray, but apparently there's a 4-5 week wait.  Booo.

Might have to take paso up on his offer of shock-loanage as we're getting some nice sunshine rolling in.  (Are you a whisky drinker paso?) :)

Yet again Maxton showed no interest....