Ram Mount.

Jet

On 6/8/2020 at 5:51 AM, docc said:

Trying to clean up my act . . . :grin:

IMG_2583.jpg?v=1591572338946

I see the Forceps..Where's the Scalpel ...?? :-)

On 6/7/2020 at 6:50 PM, swooshdave said:

Life is so much easier when you know someone who has a lathe.

Any chance you have a drawing for the stem nut?

My guy couldn't find the "drawing" but sent me this..:-)   I couldn't find my drawing, but as I remember it, the outside diameter is 30mm, 1.180", I added 10mm to the length, the thread size is 23mm X 1.0mm, the through hole where the wrench flats are is 19mm, .750", and the wrench flats are 25mm across.

On 6/9/2020 at 8:25 PM, KINDOY2 said:

My guy couldn't find the "drawing" but sent me this..:-)   I couldn't find my drawing, but as I remember it, the outside diameter is 30mm, 1.180", I added 10mm to the length, the thread size is 23mm X 1.0mm, the through hole where the wrench flats are is 19mm, .750", and the wrench flats are 25mm across.

yYtYr4g.png

How close did I get?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, footgoose said:

i'll take one

I may get some made, stay tuned. Need to verify the dimensions first.

7 hours ago, swooshdave said:

I may get some made, stay tuned. Need to verify the dimensions first.

What are the thread dimensions of the stem?

On 6/9/2020 at 8:25 PM, KINDOY2 said:

3 hours ago, docc said:

You, who never misses anything. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, swooshdave said:

You, who never misses anything. :ph34r:

Just concerned me that spanning the hex flats with a 25mm spanner, rather than KINDOY2's 30 mm, could make for some very thin walls . . .

4 hours ago, docc said:

Just concerned me that spanning the hex flats with a 25mm spanner, rather than KINDOY2's 30 mm, could make for some very thin walls . . .

I don’t disagree which why I’m waiting for validation of the figures from @KINDOY2 who said the flats were 25mm and outside diameter was 30mm.

1 hour ago, swooshdave said:

I don’t disagree which why I’m waiting for validation of the figures from @KINDOY2 who said the flats were 25mm and outside diameter was 30mm.

Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong, but wouldn't this mean 30mm across the flats?

" . . . enough space to machine to get  a 30 mm wrench on it to tighten. "

and the wrench flats are 25mm across.

You can't have a 30mm diameter object and require a 30mm wrench. But you are correct that the first post did say a 30mm wrench. If I could get to my bike I'd measure the existing stem nut but there are a couple Nortons in the way. Damn British.

• Haha 1

On 6/12/2020 at 4:21 AM, docc said:

Sorry I've been away nut is 23mm x 1.0 thread...same as stem...19mm on the inside

cheers

On 6/12/2020 at 11:21 AM, docc said:

outside of the round part is 30mm..25mm  spanner..the thing doesn't require much torque  seemed fine  :-)