2008 1200 Sport

jwh20

Goofman's bringing it to The Fountain Oaks Perverse Testing Facility this afternoon and we'll see what there is to see getting the throttle plates back around.

Since we last fettled it, he installed a fresh (much needed) air filter and found one the the throttle intakes a bit unseated. Thanks, again, for the insights and encouragement!

I follow this thread now with happy reassembled bike.  Body work went back on with 0 extra screws!  That's a first....

If you need to use my VDSTS, let me know.

Glad the Stelvio is back in fine fettle! Guzzidiag, and my mercury sticks, served us well. Goofman is on his way back to the city. Seems the several stops we made the 1200SPORT was idling nicely.

It was brilliant, really, to simply set the Throttle Angle back to 4.6º, it only bumped to 4.8º when it started, so we attempted no Nasty Kludge.

Waiting to hear back (this evening) how it behaves after an hour on the road.

Hey, Pete . . . thanks, again, so very much for the assistance and the education. It is revealing to understand that is not an "idle stop screw" but actually the throttle plate screw which is preset. Also, good to know that the air screws are not used the same as a V11.

Thanks, :notworthy: Pete! :thumbsup:

Glad the Stelvio is back in fine fettle! Guzzidiag, and my mercury sticks, served us well. Goofman is on his way back to the city. Seems the several stops we made the 1200SPORT was idling nicely.

It was brilliant, really, to simply set the Throttle Angle back to 4.6º, it only bumped to 4.8º when it started, so we attempted no Nasty Kludge.

Waiting to hear back (this evening) how it behaves after an hour on the road.

Hey, Pete . . . thanks, again, so very much for the assistance and the education. It is revealing to understand that is not an "idle stop screw" but actually the throttle plate screw which is preset. Also, good to know that the air screws are not used the same as a V11.

Thanks, :notworthy: Pete! :thumbsup:

Excellent!!!

Goofman just checked in. Perfect 1200 rpm idle, Sport running great!

Bravo! Here's to this community! :bier:

Pete - you da man, man! :sun:

• 1 month later...

600 mile weekend with the 1200SPORT along. She started, idled, and ran perfectly!

Thanks, again, Pete! What an education! :drink:

• 1 year later...

Have you done the swingarm andshock linkage bearings on the Sport yet? That’s your next job if not. None of the CARC bikes, (Or Cali 14’s that use the same system and bearings.) seem to get any grease ex factory so they rust to bits in no time.

Pete

• Like 1

One of the locals (Darren on WG) had a 1200 Sport.  Liked it alot.  Liked the engine better than his 8v Stelvio.  (I should let him ride my Greenie.)

I know there are people who seem to prefer the old engine to the 8V. I just don’t get it, I really don’t. All I can imagine is they haven’t ridden one that is properly mapped and tuned but each to their own....

Pete

Just re-read this entire thread. Thanks to Docc for his time and skill. Don't get on the forum often, as I have little to contribute. That said, I add my thanks to Docc's for all that you do, Mr. Roper. While I await my backordered rear plate light housing (don't ask), I shall attend to that shock linkage and swingarm bearing service. 10 years and 24k miles is quite long enough.

• Like 1