pirellie diablo strada replacement?

velofish

Looks like the Angel St is the replacement.  Any feedback, comments?

Also, I'd like to switch from the 160/60 to the 150.  150/70 is the replacement size?

Thanks, and sorry for the tire thread. 

• Like 1

Standard fitment for the early V11 Sport was a 170. Many of us have gone to 160, but I've not heard of going down to a 150 - that seems mighty narrow for the 4.5" rim.

I've used up quite a few  Angel ST with no complaints and am currently working through my second or third GT which seems to give a better "end of life" margin as they play up. When the ST looks like it's getting thin, they're done!

Standard fitment for the early V11 Sport was a 170. Many of us have gone to 160, but I've not heard of going down to a 150 - that seems mighty narrow for the 4.5" rim.

I've used up quite a few  Angel ST with no complaints and am currently working through my second or third GT which seems to give a better "end of life" margin as they play up. When the ST looks like it's getting thin, they're done!

No kidding, they go from 'hmm, looks a bit worn', to 'eek! it's a terminator tyre!' in no time. :blink:

I put Avon 3d's on mine and they are bloomin marvelous- best tyres I've ever used.

Wait, I thought that the original fit was a 160?  It was a 170?

No kidding, they go from 'hmm, looks a bit worn', to 'eek! it's a terminator tyre!' in no time. :blink:

I put Avon 3d's on mine and they are bloomin marvelous- best tyres I've ever used.

Yep, went frorm looking a bit worn to showing cord about 150 miles later.

Crap. Just checked the manual and it did come with 170 originally. I could swear I ran a 150 before. Will I be ok with the 150.

In the middle of allergy season here and I feel like my head's stuffed full of cotton balls. Apologies.

The tire charts I've looked at for the 4.5 inch rim seem to allow for a size over (170) and a size under (150) with the 160 landing in the middle of the range.

For sure, post back how it changes the handling and how the new tire holds up. I would suspect the profile will be flattened out a bit to the detriment of center wear and maybe a little more abrupt turn in/ somewhat reduced contact patch during cornering.

Of course, that's all just thinking about it (keyboard quarterback :nerd: )

Here it is mounted, the new 150.  Width is:6 3/32"155 mm

newpirelli.jpg

Looks round.  :)  Unfortunately, due to work obligations, I won't be able to get a ride in for another fortnight or so, but I'll let yinz know how it rides.

See you went for the GT over the ST- probably a good move.

Profile looks ok, no?  Could you post a pic looking at the back of the bike when it's fitted?

I recently put the Angel GTs on my 02. Good grip wet & dry. The '02 comes with a 180. My last 2 rears have been 170s. (wider wheel than the '00) Turns in quicker with the 170 but is not as stable at speed.