pirellie diablo strada replacement?

velofish

Here it is mounted:

v11sposvs.jpg

Due to work and rain, rain, rain, finally got out for a short ride.  (Before today's thunderstorm) 

Turn in is quicker, and the bike feels lighter all over.  Only got it up to about 70 or 80 (original speedo- it wobbles :), but it certainly feels stable there. 

Was out on a road that has just been gravelled-- it's a local habit where they scuff a road up, tar it, then plop a bunch of gravel on it and let the cars pound it into the road--  so didn't really push it in the turns, but I think it'll be fine.  I'm no Kenny Roberts, so I value feel more than ultimate grip.

In my experience, that's decent mileage on a rear of these heavy dancin' girls. B)

Nothing "flat" looking about your profile. How about a pic showing the angle of the sidewall to the rim?

Like this Docc?

v11spoiqi.jpg

or

v11spoiii.jpg

I hope to take it out for an inspection tomorrow, so hope to get in some more miles and impressions.  So far, I'm thinking I won't go back to a 160 or 170.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just an update.  I've had the V11 Sport out quite a bit this summer on the winding roads in West by god Virginia.  So far, it's wearing great and stills feels as good as it did at first.  I have only one slight complaint.  The bike seems a little more susceptible to cross winds now.  A bit of a disconderitng wiggle.  Not enough to make me go back to the 160, just something to remember.  Fortunately, I ride this bike mostly on back roads, so the wind is only a concern on those rare occasions when I'm on the highway or atop the ridges.

Gratuitous pic from yestedays ride into WV:

guzzi9ryr.jpg

• 2 years later...

22851826_10213602851481274_2787378739435

22814267_10213602852321295_9134073145570

22852069_10213602851921285_9051250540110

Thought I'd do an update on the 150 rear tire.  Here it is after 4451 miles.  I have three bikes to ride, so this is rotated into the schedule.  I really do ride.  :) 

It's wearing very, very, well.  I still like the ride quality-  quicker turn in and it makes the bike feel much lighter in the twisties.  I haven't found any downside to going down a size.

• Like 2

You say you're no Kenny Roberts - though your tyre looks definitely different. So either you are Kenny Roberts and just to shy to confess it - or you have practically no reserve on the flanks even with your decent riding style.

• Like 1