? for Carl

TX REDNECK (R.I.P.)

Carl I'm looking for a possible cause as to why my sport is running like crap.3 weeks ago I rode thru a heavy downpour .Since that time the engine stumbles at take off and it cuts in and out between 3800 &4000 rpm.I have replaced the plugs and wires/bypassed the side stand switch.I have disconnected the powercommander...also the enricher or fast idler has no effect on rpm /cable is still secure.I'm not a hi tech guy.Mike Haven at MPH will no doubt be able to sort this for me....but I was wondering if maybe I'm missing something that might be obvious to you or for that matter anyone else.Any ideas /point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance. :huh:

I think I'll second Eric's suggestion. The airbox on the Sport 1100i is weather-proof.

I have no idea as to how well the V11 air box performs in inclement weather.

The only other reasonable possibilities would be water somewhere where water

isn't supposed to be, i.e., start checking connectors.

Update ... Just got my bike back /runs great!. It turns out that my relays were full of water.When the relays started giving everybody trouble it was the starter relay that always seemed to be bad..... so that was the only one I replaced.I should have replaced all of them.The stock ones are not sealed very well and they were full of condensation causing intermitent short. Advice replace them now dont wait :o