Norge questions

FJFOOL

They are all pretty much the same. They have a few known issues, some potentially serious. The 2 valve motors tend to be pretty bullet proof, but a few of them had issues with the oil pump going and that is obviously a potentially serious failure. I think that was a small group of early bikes, but I would check.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, re oil pump, but mine, a very early 2007 (built Nov '06) was quite literally, on the first boat over.

It was, it seems, a "Lunedi" bike, as I also had CARC issues and some other less serious woes, all fixed under warranty.

Lordy, tho, I do love that beast.

My Atlanta brother has had two Norges.  Sold his 2012 because he (thought) he wanted a Cali 1400 Touring; kept that a bit, and recently bought a 2014 "Espresso & Grappa" (brown & silver  :whistle: ) Norge.

Both of those were, of course, 8v.  Mine is a 2v or 4v or whatever, i.e., mine's a firstgen; Michael's second.  

BTW, a friend bought Michael's first Norge and just rode it from Florida to N.H. via here at the top of Virginia, and back.  He loves it.

An early Norge would have to be very tempting on account of condition or price to choose that over a newer model.  You are an experienced Guzzista, so that would be less of an issue for you.  The newer ones (but don't forget that pesky "flat v. roller" tappet thing) are noticeably improved.  Tupperware, power, and other factors come to mind.

That said, as I said above, "Lordy, tho, I do love that beast."   :bike:

Best wishes on finding, buying, and riding what you want.

Bill

Thank you for the replies, I purchased a 2007 Norge this last weekend. Red with 38k, heli bars and a throttlemeister. Is a fun bike to ride,looking forward to a road trip soon. Good to be back on a Guzzi !!