Front Tire Opinions

stuarto49

My 2001 V11 Sport needs a front tire.  Presently running a Bridgestone Battleax BTO16X on the front and a BTO21R on the rear.  Rear tire has some miles to go but the front is about done.  

I am running Michelin Pilot Road 4 front and rear on my Yamaha FJR with good feel, and they are supposed to have really superior wet traction.  They are both lasting quite well also.  

Comments?   Any issue putting a PR4 on the front with the Bridgestone on the back?     

Thanks,    Stuart

I can't speak to that specific combination. But just a couple days ago I put a Pirelli Angel GT on the front, to accompany the still-good Michelin Pilot Road 2 on the rear. Very pleased with the handling. I prefer to run matched tires but I don't worry about a little transition time with an unmatched set. I plan to put the Angel on the back when needed.

Good time to put in an angled valve stem for easy access.

I wore out the PR4 rear on my V11 Sport in about half the mileage that the PR3 ran on my Suzuki Bandit.  I put on Dunlop Qualifier Roadsmart replacements because it was way cheaper.  

The Dunlop seems to ride as good or better than the PR4 and Pirellis I've run on it.  (Most folks here will disagree with that.)