Tires for 07 Norge

FJFOOL

The Norge I recently picked up is in need of new tires. Leaning towards the PR4's, but curious what you all are running on your Norge, and if anyone has tried the Dunlop Q3 ? Thanks !!

I have had 2 sets of PR4 on my 1200 Sport and am very happy with their performance. I would have a pillion and luggage 80% of the time and am getting 11,000km before their grip starts to fall away. I am going to try the PR4 GT versions this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What brand tires do you normally prefer.

Tires are such a subjective thing. There are few "Bad" tires out there, but there are subtle differences between brands.

I prefer Michelins, but the only tires I have ever hated were Bridgestones. But other people like Bridgestones, even my wife.

It is kinda like asking what the best flavor of ice cream is.

As I mentioned I have just fitted the PR4 GT's to my Sport, if you take a pillion or full luggage on your Norge I would consider them as they are the same pattern and compound as the PR4 but are constructed for a touring bike weight instead of a Sportsbike. I have found them to be very predictable and slightly more controlled over bumps than the PR4 without being too stiff.

• 1 month later...

What brand tires do you normally prefer.

Tires are such a subjective thing. There are few "Bad" tires out there, but there are subtle differences between brands.

I prefer Michelins, but the only tires I have ever hated were Bridgestones. But other people like Bridgestones, even my wife.

It is kinda like asking what the best flavor of ice cream is.

How true all of that is.  Plus, the strides in tire technology for m/c and cages (and likely everything else including forklifts!) over past decade or so are amazing.

Suppose that by now the OP has the new tires.  

I, too, am a MIchelin fan, but also recognize the silliness of the "I'd only own a [Ford][Chevy][Dodge][Whatever]."

Have tried various others on my Norge, Griso, and EV, but find myself coming back to Michelins.

Have MPR3's on my Norge, and just put MPR4's on the Griso.  

Considered the GT versions for the Griso, but -- despite my "fighting weight" making such concerns possibly irrelevant :whistle: -- wanted more sidewall flex than those seem to deliver.  Might go that route on Norge as it is my C-130 2-up, LD machine; we shall see.  

FWIW, my brother just put (regular) 4's on his '14 Norge.  He got amazing (and somewhat annoying) mileage out the Pirelli ST's he's had on it.  Being a GMC (oops) man, I ascribed that to his lighter saddle weight and less-eager throttle hand.   :rolleyes:

Bottom line is, as said above, virtually all modern tires are mighty fine.  And, unlike the blondes, brunettes, and redheads we may have married, we will have a chance to choose again ... and way less expensively.   :D

Bill

I have just done 2000km on PR4GT's on my 1200 Sport after running through 3 sets of PR4. There seems to be no difference in grip levels or ride quality - they are not harsh, the only difference I have seen is that they do not scallop on the sides at all. They are wearing very evenly and do not seem to be chopping up at all, the normal PR4 would look a little more used after this amount of km. I like them !

I have just done 2000km on PR4GT's on my 1200 Sport after running 3 through sets of PR4. There seems to be no difference in grip levels or ride quality - they are not harsh, the only difference I have seen is that they do not scallop on the sides at all. They are wearing very evenly and do not seem to be chopping up at all, the normal PR4 would look a little more used after this amount of km. I like them !

Interesting.  Will watch for that.

Thanks.

Bill