Titanium ECU?

docc

Hi Ken,

... and the TI map is very rich...

I find that the original TI BIN is not overly rich. In fact it is, assuming that a performance map should target Lambda 0.86 or less in the main areas, quite meager. 

The picture linked shows the comparison between my (I have the TI exhaust) and TI BIN. 

The cells with negative values are lower than the ones in my map, which has a Lambda of 0.88 across the entire map. And those areas where the TI is richer than mine are mostly the areas you can't reach. Like 1300rpm/61° TPS or 7800rpm/3.3°TPS.

I found that comparing BINs, and more specifically the two fuel tables, at face value is useless. Nothing to be learned, a lot to be misunderstood or misinterpreted. To many factors contribute to the actual Lambda/AFR and the base and offset map are just the starting point. Along the way the values are influenced by the CO trim, the setting of the bypass screws, the acceleration map, the temperature trim tables and the ignition and ignition trim tables. And last but not least a well contacting and working engine temperature sensor. Don't ask me how I know  :P:

https://db.tt/aQjNNxeq

Cheers

Meinolf

many factors contribute to the actual Lambda/AFR - the setting of the bypass screws

These have always been used to fine tune the idle according the instructions of Guzzi. Surprising, that the air bleed screws with a small air opening in relation to the butterflies and the air amount that they let through, affect the lambda/afr on other situations than idling.

Air_bleed.jpg

• 4 years later...

Hi all, quick question as I am putting the harness back into my V11 frame soon. If I recall and from what I see in the first pic there is a ground wire that attaches to the ECU correct? Is this essential or 100% necessary? I just want to make sure all will be good on startup. Can anyone elaborate on why the ECU is grounded? Thanks! 

11 hours ago, maxv11 said:

Hi all, quick question as I am putting the harness back into my V11 frame soon. If I recall and from what I see in the first pic there is a ground wire that attaches to the ECU correct? Is this essential or 100% necessary? I just want to make sure all will be good on startup. Can anyone elaborate on why the ECU is grounded? Thanks! 

Yes it should be grounded , a separate ground is good. Sorry can't say why, but K Roy will soon. 

Cheers tom.

59 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

Yes it should be grounded , a separate ground is good. Sorry can't say why, but K Roy will soon. 

Cheers tom.

Ok, thanks for the info. I would assume to reduce against a spark, or shorting situation? :huh:

The grounded ECU case, in close proximity to the positive battery terminal is certainly a spark/short waiting to happen from a slipped spanner off the battery. :blink:

I keep a patch of rubber inner tube over that corner for a little extra protection.  As to why it is grounded, isn't there electronic functionality in there there requires a completed circuit (grounding)? :huh2:

In fact, I've always encouraged V11ers to make sure that ground is clean and tight (as all of our grounds should be!)