SW Pennsylvania coffee and conversation. 8/8

velofish

Edit:  next meet is August 8th @ 10:00 am.

I posted this on Craigslist:

http://morgantown.craigslist.org/mcy/5073371030.html

Having a coffee and conversation type meet for Brit and Euro bikes. Maybe also adventure or sport-touring types? Just something a little different than the usual Cruiser-centric events.

Second Saturday of the month at Rising Creek Bakery in Mt. Morris PA. July 11 around 10:00 a.m. Good twisty roads to get there or easy access from I-79.

Casual, just a chance to see other interesting bikes and bullshit.

BTW, Rising Creek has excellent meals and coffee- not just a bakery. Bakery website, complete with directions:

http://risingcreekbakery.com/

You can email or text if you're interested, or just show up.

I got the idea after meeting a guy on a modern Bonneville there and we both had a good time bullshitting.  In this part of the country, it's mostly Harleys, so it was nice talking to somebody on something else.

So far, I've had interest from guys on Triumph, Norton, Ducati, BMW, and a Vintage Honda.  I've no idea who will actually show up, but I'll be there eating a good pastry and drinking a good cup of joe.  Feel free to pop by if you're in the neighborhood. 

edit:  Here's the FaceBook page with updates:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/421360231402950/

As you already know, Kathi and I will be there.  Hoping to outrun rain in the a.m. on run up to Erie, then see you all on Friday.

Bill

Posted a version of this on w/g earlier today, but will paste in some of same here, too.

I picked Kathi up in Erie on the Norge on Friday and we rode to Uniontown.  Spent the night, and rode the last 30 to Mount Morris. 

We had a fine time ... and the bakery is a great venue for a gathering.

Four or so twisty hours to home; a grand ride.  Kathi says she'd like to go back.

Here are some pix; John F may have to help with any ID errors because my stiff G&T on return -- imbibed within seconds of that last pic --  seems to have erased my "buffer" of names.   :rolleyes:

We are clearly in the right place!

i-Dp2trHd-L.jpg

Jody and his '07 red Norge next to mine ...

i-fs3XXhw-L.jpg

Benchracing starts ...

i-bBWZSSm-L.jpg

One Brit manages to slip past Security ...

i-N9xVFHm-L.jpg

But for the most part, Nortonites are understandably asked to stay apart from the Continentals.   :grin:

i-wNvMRxr-L.jpg

"Staff" brings me an effete French refreshment (apologies; that last is redundant :whistle:  ...

i-R473BpZ-L.jpg

Cookiemech and his (very) nice Duc ...

i-wBXtzHX-L.jpg

Bob S rendering homage to Sam F's loop ...

i-FBLZPWQ-L.jpg

A full shot of the altar ...

i-PhqMq9h-L.jpg

Home at last ... a G&T in my immediate future ...

i-tPTKrNp-L.jpg

Bill