World Guzzi Day - Castlegar, BC, Canada - September 12, 2015

motrhead

World Guzzi Day "Kootenay Guzzi Gathering" 
September 12th 8:30 AM ish 
Bagels and Brew, 1983 Columbia Ave , Castlegar (by Boston Pizza) 

Time is flexible...I plan to get there around 8 and block off a parking spot or two, but Sept 12th could be a cool morning, so there is no hurry to get away, and arrival at 9 is okay...lol 

We will ride to New Denver, and probably stop for a coffee there. I am double checking the opening hours of the Kaslo Hotel ( I think they change on the 15th), but assuming they are open we can have lunch on their deck, then do Meadow Creek and back...if they aren't we will do the Meadow Creek ride first and then go to the Dock 'n' Duck at the ferry landing in Balfour. After lunch we can see who wants to do Blewett and Pass Creek, but there is always the Ymir Hotel and back over the Bombi...will decide that part on the day. 
If it is pouring rain we can cut it short and retreat to the pub early, but a drizzle won't be stopping me.   

I'm not sure how the 6pm time worked for meeting at the pub in 2013...I am thinking closer to 5pm, but again we can decide that on the 12th... 

This will be a small and informal gathering, but I am hoping it will become an annual event.

See you there, and safe travels.

• Like 1

Guzzigary,

I floated the topic on Wild Guzzi.

I proposed meeting at Stave Falls BC Hydro Museum

I'll send you a PM

Roy

Great roads up that way but is a bit far for this time of year. I am in Fraser Valley and definitely interested in something closer.(Duffy Lake?)

It's less than 5-1/2 hours to get here if you ride like me... ;)

LOL. Yep. But if someone had beat me to it, I would be riding elsewhere...lol.

I've done 1300km days on my V11, what's 620km? (and that V11 seat is brutal! LOL...I've done 1743km in under 18 hours on the Stelvio and was fine when I got off).

I am glad to see someone organizing something in the lower mainland. I think this Castlegar Guzzi meet may move back to June for next year, to not conflict with any other get-togethers, but we shall see next year...have to enjoy this one first.

Motrhead I am somewhat(OK a lot) jealous of the ridiculous amount of asphalt nirvana you have in your backyard, but life will apparently not allow me to experience it again this year. We were up mid July and try as we might couldn't find a bad road(Salmo Creston excepted).Have a Rich Maund gel seat on mine, makes a big diff. Small ,informal and June I will be there!