WHAT THROTTLE LOCK/CRUISE CONTROL

JRD

Getting the bike ready for the trip up to the Southern Spine Raid and wondering what throttle lock/cruise control unit other members are using.  I tried one of the $22.00 plastic jobs from Cycle Gear but it would not fit around the throttle housing.   Any recommendations and comments appreciated.

Jerry 

Thanks guys, I have never seen that one before

Fotog-I saw those advertised on Amazon and seriously considered it, very simple design and operation.  Decided to check with another local dealer before I ordered one and found the Kuryakyn Throttle Assist for $35.00.  Took about 15 minutes to install and adjust.  Plus, sales person advised if Im not happy with the  I can return for refund. If this one doesn't work out I will try the one on your bike.   Thanks for the suggestions guys.

• 3 months later...

IMG_1977-L.jpg

This one works fine, just don't forget you've got it on, could prove embarrassing.

Sent from my LG-H340 using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

Thread from the dead.

Looking for 'cruise control' for the '97 1100 Sport.

Anybody know what fits/doesn't fit? 
I thought these are cool, overcomplex, and mostly unobtrusive and user friendly.

https://usa.kaoko.com/MOTOBRE-Throttle-Stabilizer

Thread from the dead.

Looking for 'cruise control' for the '97 1100 Sport.

Anybody know what fits/doesn't fit? 

I thought these are cool, overcomplex, and mostly unobtrusive and user friendly.

https://usa.kaoko.com/MOTOBRE-Throttle-Stabilizer

I do like the Go Cruise 2, the plastic one shown above will break. I've seen a few carcasses.

https://www.amazon.com/CRUISE-2wheelride-gca1bk-universal-Acelerador/dp/B00ERXG4TM/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1523505488&sr=1-1&keywords=go+cruise

This is what I used on my fly-n-ride from SF. It's simple but it does require you to adjust the tension. It would be hard to overtighten but if you did you would be in a bad place. Just snug enough to hold the throttle and no more.

I'm really ...um... not cool about having anything touching my brake lever, after that whole 'turn one at Daytona' debacle. 
I suppose proof is in the pudding, and experience over time creates trust.

I'm really ...um... not cool about having anything touching my brake lever, after that whole 'turn one at Daytona' debacle. 

I suppose proof is in the pudding, and experience over time creates trust.

I don't particularly like it either, but it works.  :huh2:

I still remember how scary it was when my throttle linkage caught on the front of the rear shock reservoir. A V11 will accelerate from 50 to 100 in a very short time, especially when your mind is racing through 'pull on the brake', not a good idea; 'pull in the clutch', will the rev limiter work? Finally my old brain settled on the kill switch, never used one before in anger. I was lucky to be on a straight road at the time or it may have been a choice of a tree or a barbed wire fence.

No, don't have any clever devices attached to your brakes or throttle. I find just holding my gloved right hand tight against the twist grip body provides all the friction I need.

• Like 1

I want a throttle lock that will release quickly if need be.  The Kakao etc is very fussy to set and clear while rolling.  Similar with Go Cruise etc. The new Atlas throttle lock works kinda, but vibration is its downfall as it will creep closed.  Unlikely to work well on a V11.  My all time favorite was (is) the NEP throttle lock, now called Sound Off Recreational. Simple lever to set / clear and always functioned perfectly for me on the early Goldwings to which it fit.  The problem is that it is designed to hold against the throttle cable out of the throttle and is designed specifically for Honda / Yami / etc.  I want to attempt to modify one to work with the V11 throttle housing.  Should be a simple matter of cutting shaping some plastic bits.

• Like 1

I want a throttle lock that will release quickly if need be.  The Kakao etc is very fussy to set and clear while rolling.  Similar with Go Cruise etc. The new Atlas throttle lock works kinda, but vibration is its downfall as it will creep closed.  Unlikely to work well on a V11.  My all time favorite was (is) the NEP throttle lock, now called Sound Off Recreational. Simple lever to set / clear and always functioned perfectly for me on the early Goldwings to which it fit.  The problem is that it is designed to hold against the throttle cable out of the throttle and is designed specifically for Honda / Yami / etc.  I want to attempt to modify one to work with the V11 throttle housing.  Should be a simple matter of cutting shaping some plastic bits.

Good stuff. 

I'd worried too, about unintended activation/deactivation/durability of the Kaoko. I like to rest my hand on the bar end sometimes, and that would lean on the lock. It appears it's plastic too, and for the price you'd expect billet aluminum. 

Harley-Davidson has had this figured out for fifty years.