Hey all!

I will need to remove the engine of my 2003 V11 Sport to get the crankshaft out. The bearings went out in one of the connecting rods, and it marred the crank pretty badly.

I know it won't be an easy task, but I plan to do the work myself.

Could anyone tell me what special tools I will need for the engine removal, and all the way down to the the crankshaft? I have a pretty good idea of what I will need, but I would feel more comfortable hearing from someone that has already gone through this process.

Thanks in advance!

Wanderer

When I take a look at the picture of the crankshaft the following comes in my mind: The damaged half of the crank pin is not really blue - maybe the surface of the crank ist not worn but bearing material deposits on it. In that case you can polish it off the pin. New rod bearing shells, cleaning the oil galleries, done. 

Regrounding the Guzzi crank often leads to breaking if not done correctly. Mounting a crank from an EV can cause terrible vibrations because of a different balancing. Good luck I hope you can save your crank.

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it. I will discuss this with the machinist.

If I do have to get the crank ground, does anyone know what the sizes are for the undersized bearing shells? Just so I can let the machinist know.

Thanks guys!

I would replace the connecting rod bolts as a safety precaution . It will be more work but you will need to look at the rod big ends to see if the one or both need to be resized after this.

Did the bearings spin in the rod ?