Moto Moda Windage Tray (aka Pete Roper 'Sloppage' Plate)

sdhow

Does anyone know if someone in the States sells these?  Does Pete still make them?  I heard he was seriously pissed off at some comments over on the WG forum a few years back...

I bought one from Pete less than a year ago. I used PayPal and he shipped to me from Australia. He's a member of this forum, just click the members tab, search for Pete Roper, and send him a message.

Be careful, I have heard that someone other than Pete was making and selling them. It was a very un-cool thing as I recall. I think it was someone who should have known better than to steal a fellow Guzzi guy's intellectual property.

If you want one I would be sure that it is an authentic RoperSloper plate. Simply because I don't support people / companies that behave badly.

dx- I 'll be glad to take it off your hands,  shoot me a PM with your price including shipping to zip 33762.

Jerry

Sorry to be late to chime in on this but the long and the short of it is that finding out that someone had not just copied my plate but doppelgängered it even down to using the rather odd plate thickness, (Chosen simply because my cutter had some left over plate that thick that I could get for a knock down price.) really pissed me off. If they had simply gotten in touch with me and asked me how they could go about getting some or if I would mind if they started producing them and simply gave me a small 'Gratuity' on every sale I would probably of said "Sod the gratuity, just give $5.00 from every sale to Medicines sans frontiers and good luck with it." But I wasn't asked and I knew that when dealing with thieves expecting them to stand by their word would be compounding the stupidity, it would just give them an opportunity to add an extra five but to the product for them to pocket and crow about how wonderful they were.

That, along with the fact that any time I go to market with a self designed product, (Another example being my remote breather systems for the water intrusion prone CARC bevel boxes on the more modern bikes.) I invariably get told it's too expensive and within a few days someone else comes up with an inferior, but invariably cheaper, alternative and slags me off as a rip-off merchant.

The thing is I live in Australia. Things ARE more expensive in Australia, for a variety of reasons. I can assure people I'm not farting through silk on the sale of a few aftermarket products for obsolete and comparatively rare Italian motorbikes! At the end of the day I'm afraid I'm over it. With the recent decline in the value of the $AU I might revisit lop page sheet production but I still don't think, once postage is added, that I can compete with the thieves in Huddersfield. So unless people would like to club together and put in a bulk, (Over ten.) order for plates from me I'm afraid I'm done with them. Sorry.

At the moment I am very tied up in addressing problems with and helping perfect the fuelling on W5AM equipped Guzzis and will hopefully be able to help Paul and Christian with data to allow further access to and development of the wonderful Guzzidiag suite of tools to enable them to be used with both the MUIG3 and 7SM controllers used on the Cali 14 and V7 series machines, I'm also very busy with 8V Guzzi work, a design I not only love but love working on, I have very little to do nowadays with pre-Piaggio machines and although I have some pretty big gripes with the company's business and management strategy I like the bikes too much to throw in the towel!

Anyway, sorry to all the loyal V11 owners, and as I said, buy in bulk and I'll happily do another run but it's a fair investment of my limited capital to produce a run of plates and they sometimes sit for months costing me money, but I have to admit that I was more than a little pissed off by the plagiarism and I simply gave up.

All the best

Pete

• Like 2

Pete, is there any way for you to off load the manufacturing hassle but still bypass the thieving mongrels?

As an example, I'd have been more than happy to pay the equivalent of postage + designer fee for a single use cad file that I could wander down to any of the local machinists and get a roper approved plate. Add in a donation to whatever site I downloaded it from ( here / wildguzzi / drs using holidays to do something usefull etc) . If the end price came in more than what I paid for your plate then I'd still get a tax deductible donation AND be able to keep the local guys in buisiness. Shit, even if it came in a lot more expensive it'd be worth it just to bypass the thieving mongrels!

It'd also be easier than remembering where I left your plate.

Does anyone know if someone in the States sells these?  Does Pete still make them?  I heard he was seriously pissed off at some comments over on the WG forum a few years back...

That Apig graphic is hilarious! Can you send a higher res. graphic to me?

Ken