Gone Guzzi

guzzigary

Awoke thursday around 12:30 to across the street neighbours yelling about fire in garage,got wife ,dogs(2 German Sheperds)wallet and went out to street to find 3 bay detached garage fully involved.Firefighters did a great job keeping damage to house to a minimum but fuel load in garage had 40 ft. high flames rolling thru garage roof in no time.2 Toyotas and the Lemans total loss.Too much of a Luddite to post heartbreaking photos.No more riding this season!

Shit.

+1 to above comments prioritizing the people. Hopefully we will be able to celebrate new one with you soon.

You probably need to replace the Toyotas first, though. Daily transportation, winter coming, etc......

Thanks guys.Interesting aspect of this disaster has been learning a bit about the science of fire investigation.Incredibly knowledgable fellow on scene has tagged my 20+years chest freezer as source of ignition.Will try to post some pictures still,about the only recognizable part the Guzzi is the Mistral Ti cans(3000+F melting point).Scud,have insurance rentals now(both Toyotas!) and going out today to peruse replacements for Matrix and Tacoma.I think finding another Goose will take longer, but will definitely happen!

I've been telling the wife for several years that the old chest freezer needs to go. This is the last straw!

Thanks for sharing and know that our hearts are with you! :notworthy:

What a bummer ! It happened to me once with an old Suzuki. I can still feel the pain sometimes....

Don't forget to post a picture once you get a new bike.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to hear no one was injured. Sorry for your loss.

All the fire means is you can buy anothe Goose. They're out there. Especially v11s. It's as if folks are selling to get the newer thing. I for one love the v11 despite the quirks and flaws( especially since the flaws are easily fixable). You might have to travel to get one but they are certainly out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Eyeballing 85 Lemans 4 closing on EBay soon.5100 miles,looks clean,allI I need is a garage.

I have my replacement freezer. So, your new Guzzi is next! :thumbsup: