Go_Winkie!

docc

By 2004 they had deleted the Petcock at least that's what Carl's drawing shows but the fuse was still there, I wouldn't be surprised if it was still wired up, a good supply for GPS perhaps

Scroll down to find the drawings

http://www.thisoldtractor.com/guzzi007/sportissimo.html

Only the gif option works for me

I said Scroll down, not look at Carl's girlfriend

BTW if you want to look at the wiring below the fuse holder don't try to unscrew it like I did, just grab it and

wiggle, its plugged into a pair of rubber grommets.

Zooter,

Can you do us a favour and see if the fuse holder is alive, you will have the key On and ready to start, see if it turns over first perhaps,
Thanks
Roy

Copter, can you do us a favour and see if the fuse holder is alive, you will ha be to have the key On and ready to start, see if it turns over first perhaps,

Thanks

Roy

Sent from my shoe phone!

Zooter rhymes with copter? Fuse out, probes in, key on, turn over?

Zoopter  ;) , One side of the fuse connections ought to be hot, the other open.   Ignition on, Run Switch on.

(It seems to me, if Guzzi had changed the entire wiring harness when they deleted the electric petcock in 2002, there would be no connections at all in the last position (#8) in the fuse block.  ??  )

Sorry about the typos earlier,  shoe phone self correcting problem or was it my fat fingers on the tiny screen?

So although your bike never had an electric petcock the fuse No 8 is still wired to the wire that goes to relay No 4, is that correct?

Sorry about the typos earlier,  shoe phone self correcting problem or was it my fat fingers on the tiny screen?

So although your bike never had an electric petcock the fuse No 8 is still wired to the wire that goes to relay No 4, is that correct?

no worries Rob. I can only confirm that the outboard pin is indeed 12v wrt ground when ignition on. I tried yanking the fuse block out of the grommets as you instructed but only the front one budges and then it stops. There are button hex screws in there but I left it.

And there is an inboard connector at Fuse 8? If so, I would hope that wire goes to the unused 2pin AMP connector formerly used for the Electric Petcock. :huh2:

Now, Zooptie, you and The Royster look to be getting along all Kiwi-like. B)