New Guzzi's well not so new

The v50 was an amazing real world sports bike in it's time. I used to love hunting big 4 cylinder japs on mine. To be honest, if the v7 came out with halfway decent suspension , wheels, and brakes I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Especially if it came out in ntx format.....

Who needs 100 + hp of tyre destroying power to enjoy a motorbike in a world of speed cameras and dashmount camera dobbing internet sites?

But the current v7 ...no thanks.

All ( well most ) motorcycle manufacturers produce what the consumer " wants " . These bikes are just like automobiles , take off the decals and you cannot discern the brand . Up until the early 80's you knew who built what ....You rode this bike for the way it made you feel with or without it's quirks .  YOU were the one that owned , rode & worked on it . MG is still like that . Good or bad .

Now people are posers who own a 180 hp crotch rocket , a dual purpose $15k bike that will never get off the road or a $25k bagger you ride on a road trip and park it til next year.  These are the customers manufacturers are targeting for now.

gstallons- $25K bagger? Have you seen the price list for the new H/D CVS's? To get one with H/D's custom paint job prices range between $36K-40K!!!!!!

Well, I have a 2013 V7 stone and it's the most reliable Guzzi I ever had.
Not the most exciting, not the most beautiful, but this bike has been so far perfect (13.000 kms, mostly town).
Only one really, really bad flaw: the suspension is TERRIBLE.

Well, I have a 2013 V7 stone and it's the most reliable Guzzi I ever had.

Not the most exciting, not the most beautiful, but this bike has been so far perfect (13.000 kms, mostly town).

Only one really, really bad flaw: the suspension is TERRIBLE.

imagine if they threw ohlins onto a limitted edition version, perhaps with better brakes and the rearsets....like the cafe version but with real suspension..

Oh, and in ntx format....if we ask often enough.... Perhaps Ewan can ask for a v7 ntx so he can ride circles around charlie on his triumph in south america???

imagine if they threw ohlins onto a limitted edition version, perhaps with better brakes and the rearsets....like the cafe version but with real suspension..

Brakes are actually not bad, altho back brake is far too powerful.

It's the back shocks which are tremendously bad.

No, the main weapon is weight: only 170 kgs. With about 50 HP. Good formulae for city fun and B-roads.