The last new Ti exhaust kit ever?

k99

100% of the problem was the Stucci xover. It is not built properly. Up against the stocker and the FBF it was obvious. The left side of it was welded on about 10mm to the rear of the right side, causing the left can to stick out further from the hanger mount point, and farther rearward, and throw out the center frame hanger alignment. I cut 10mm off the left rear to even it out. That, and some shifting on the head pipes, got me within 5/8" of the left can hanger strap being perfect. Since the symmetry was now acceptable, I used a 5/8" spacer at the back of the strap, and all is looking good. I mean looking reeeeeally good. And the sound is glorious.

I had the exact same experience recently installing the Stucci crossover.  Wound up cutting off about an inch of the real left to get the muffler hanger to line up -- this after trying it on and off about a dozen times...

I got my new Titanium mufflers on today (after sitting in a box for a long time...) Also installed the FBF crossover that I found a while ago. I was just going to put the pipes on, not the crossover, but I couldn't get the fit on the stock crossover (too tight).

IMG_4900.jpg

• Like 5

Yeah, Curtis Harper answered the phone when I called to order. They had quite a few kits. I asked how they got them - apparently, several boxes were mislabeled in the Moto Guzzi warehouse. Harpers bought as many as they could and passed a long a good deal. They all sold within about a week.

I'm going for a putt with one of my Harley buddies today. Gonna boast about my luscious exhaust note and denigrate his potato-potato-potato.

Very weird. I figured it would be a 10 minute job. Old Ti pipes off, new Ti pipes on... but I couldn't get them to slide more than about 1/2 inch over the crossover outlets. However, they went easily over the FBF. I still don't have them positioned equally and haven't figured out how to aim them differently. My left one is hanging a little higher than my right one. Yes, I'm still talking about my motorcycle.   :rolleyes:

The take-offs are already packaged up for Czakky.  Sorry.

Just got back from a short loop, and yes, they sound great, especially under hard throttle uphill.  But they are not obnoxious - I could still hear the Harley (with stock pipes).

One thing I had to do to get my FBF x-over slid all the way on was to take the headers off completely and twist them on to the x-over. Takes a while but it's the only way I could get them on. Also coppers anti seize helps a bunch.

• 4 months later...