Scura Rally

Scud

I'm guessing my Garmin "City Navigator" maps don't have this feature . . . .

I second RoxLemans compliment of your mapping and navigation! :thumbsup::notworthy:

Well, I'm late (as usual) to this thread. Haven't been here lately, I've been doing the Aero Engine in a Lario thing. Sold my Rosso Corsa because I found when I opened the garage door I'd back out the Lario mot of the time. Besides that, I'll be taking the Mighty Scura back to Indiana this summer and bringing out an MZ Skorpion for the hills.

It was a good time, of course. Great to have met Scud and Rox. 

I just tried to give them an overview.. there are some wonderful roads in these hills.

The roads there are great. There aren't many places where the mountains pop up 2,000 feet right next to the ocean - and with road on them. Expansive views from every corner on the downhills - almost all of which have severe drop-offs and no guard rails. 

P1050762_zps2221654b.jpg

Uh, yeah.  :grin:

Hey, Scud and Rox.. here's a couple of more pix from roads we never explored at all. There are many.. :thumbsup:  As you said, pictures don't do them justice. I don't normally go out on weekends or holidays..why fight the traffic.. but it suddenly dawned on me :oldgit: that this trip will more than likely be the last time the Mighty Scura will see real twistys. (!) I'll probably go out Saturday and Sunday, too.

Strangely enough, there weren't any soccer moms in the canyons today..

20160101_143553_zpsfc7t9kj1.jpg

20160101_145307_zpspt6bjzom.jpg

.. but it suddenly dawned on me :oldgit: that this trip will more than likely be the last time the Mighty Scura will see real twistys. (!) I'll probably go out Saturday and Sunday, too.

Thanks for the photos. OMG - last time on twisties for the Scura... this is tragic. Get all you can before she turns into a flatlander.

Chuck, I'm confused. Indiana? California? where are you? Elwood's not far from Indy (me). You gonna be here this summer? There are a couple Guzzisti in Indy I know of, but no spines. Except for 'bikeseamus' in Columbus. It'd be great to have another.

Chuck, I'm confused. Indiana? California? where are you? Elwood's not far from Indy (me). You gonna be here this summer? There are a couple Guzzisti in Indy I know of, but no spines. Except for 'bikeseamus' in Columbus. It'd be great to have another.

Both.  :glare: I live near Elwood on a farm. Bikeseamus kept emailing me about various V11s he had found here and there, asking if they were worth the money, and I told him.. for that price, you could have Rosie. "Sold." Oops.  :mellow:

Yeah.. I'll be around. There are several Guzzi guys in Indiana that I haven't met, yet.. :glare:

ahhhh. When I met bikeseamus awhile back, he was riding a recently purchased Rosso Corsa. That must have been Rosie. Nice bike! The first spine I'd ever seen in Indy besides mine. Give us a shout when you get back this way. btw, did you ever do business with the short lived Moto Guzzi Tipton? They also sold Ural, Carhartt, Redwing, and some kind of bicycle, skate boards, etc. I know he was there '02 '03.

ahhhh. When I met bikeseamus awhile back, he was riding a recently purchased Rosso Corsa. That must have been Rosie. Nice bike! The first spine I'd ever seen in Indy besides mine. Give us a shout when you get back this way. btw, did you ever do business with the short lived Moto Guzzi Tipton? They also sold Ural, Carhartt, Redwing, and some kind of bicycle, skate boards, etc. I know he was there '02 '03.

Yeah, but he had to get a real job.. I think the combo of Guzzi and Ural put him under. :huh2:

• 1 year later...

I was just taking a trip down memory lane.. btw, when I stopped in the Duck dealer to get Ohlins fork seals and oil this spring, there was a Rosso sitting in the parking lot. I thought, "Oh, Conners must be here." Went over and looked, and it wasn't Rosie. Pristine, low mileage. When I asked about why it was there, the manager just said some guy dropped it off for service. (!) 

I was just taking a trip down memory lane.. btw, when I stopped in the Duck dealer to get Ohlins fork seals and oil this spring, there was a Rosso sitting in the parking lot. I thought, "Oh, Conners must be here." Went over and looked, and it wasn't Rosie. Pristine, low mileage. When I asked about why it was there, the manager just said some guy dropped it off for service. (!) 

Ha! I guess it would've been pushy to ask "so who's the owner, and how does he imagine hiding from fellow Guzzisti?" Good to know there's one around town.

The Carr's are pleasant people. Always (well, not always) happy to discuss bikes. I'm REALLY glad they seem to have made a success in Indy. I had an encouraging phone call with 'someone' there a couple years ago re: Guzzi service work, "we work on anything Italian". When I stopped in, the guy at the front desk was not so accepting of my V11's potential servicing. "we don't work on those". Eventually, I asked enough annoying questions to bring out the service mgr., Matt. He took me back to the shop, showed me the dyno, the computer, the mapping options, and was happy to tune my Goose. He seemed pleased to check out a different and interesting bike. He was also eager to use a compiled V11LM.com list of tune recommendations, if I wanted to bring it in. After I installed the MG Ti cans, I was so happy with the way she ran, I ended up not taking her in. I confess, I was also a little scared that the (since replaced) alm flywheel would explode on the dyno :homer:

https://www.indyducati.com/