What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Today I balanced the throttle bodies on the LeMans. It hadn't been running well since I installed new rubber boots, so I assume my last balance must have compensated for a small air leak - better now.

Then I went for a little romp. It was great fun after doing a pair of 400-mile, 50% slab, days on the BMW this week (round trip to Phoenix for work).

Ordered an LED headlight from GuzziTech. The H4 lamp is supposed to be plug and play. If I can see better at night, the LeMans will finally be ready to go the distance.  :sun:

Went for a nice ride. Got a flat front tire pulling into my driveway. I couldn't have chosen a better time for it.

I've got a Pirelli Angel GT on order.

I put an Angel on the rear and I like it. Don't know why, but it was a bit disappointing seeing it was made in China. Pirelli sounds Italian right?

I know what you mean. But the quality of the product seems unchanged since the ChemChina takeover.

I've been very happy with a few sets of Pirelli Angel GTs. I didn't hear about the takeover... interesting, thanks for mentioning it. But it seems they are keeping the brand name, unlike when Yokohama sold their motorcycle tire business to a Korean firm - now manufactured under the Shinko name.

Jeez... I was looking at some parts on my 1997 Ford truck today (many of which have metric fasteners) and they were made in Canada, Germany, etc. Globalization is here to stay.

The takeover was pretty recent I recall. Just about a year ago. 

I didn't know that about Yokohama/Shinko. It's funny, some people lambaste Shinko as cheapo rubber, and they are that to some (ok, a large) extent, but I rather like them. I've run a few sets of their dual sport/adventure tires with no complaints. I've heard bad things about their sport/sport-touring lines though.

I, too, just ordered a new front Pirelli Angel. Both mine are currently "Made in Germany" so it will be interesting to see what shows up.

Also, very interested in the H4 results.  Looking to do that along with MArtyNZ's LED tail light upgrade.

I just finally got to putting on some hardware that I ordered that had vibrated off or broke at one time . Now she is more complete. Still awaiting my Scura after 4 months.. Guess she needs a new clutch. But the prior owner won't give her to me until she is right . I respect that.

I too have LEDs for Guzzitech on order. I have LEDs on my Honda. Best thing since sliced bread. All my bikes are getting the LED treatment.

Cleaned her arse-end somewhat.

Bought an earthing strap for the regulator.

Brought the instruments back on line after hitting a bad pothole shook summit loose.

Ignored the slow weep from the upper sump..

I spooned on a new Pirelli Angel GT front tire. The new rubber spooned on very easily with hand tools. All the bearings look & feel good. So the cleaned up wheel went right back on. 

I don't have a factory stand yet so I had to make do with various stands, jacks, and pieces of lumber. Before I got this Guzzi I swore I would never buy another bike that lacked a center stand. I remember why now. 

OWDE8VK.jpg

• Like 2

This morning I turned the ignition key on, pushed the starter button ..... and nothing happened. I took out the relays under the seat, had an intelligent look at them, put them back in and after pushing the starter button again the bike fired right up !

Not a big thing but I was happy it was easily solved in a few minutes. You gotta love these bikes !

Maybe time to clean up all those relay contacts...

Today I tested MartyNZ's new dipstick/thermometer (source MG-Cycle) on my LeMans before sending it on. Marty - you'll be glad to know that not only does it look cool and tell the temperature in degrees Celsius, it makes the bike faster, and improves handling, braking, and fuel economy.  ...now I want one.

IMG_4713.jpg

• Like 3

This morning I turned the ignition key on, pushed the starter button ..... and nothing happened. I took out the relays under the seat, had an intelligent look at them, put them back in and after pushing the starter button again the bike fired right up !

Walterg, I had that problem, but I couldn't manage an "intelligent look". My troubleshooting was more like desperate wriggling of wires & swapping relays.  Back home I found two spade sockets in one of the relay bases were pushed back, and only touching the relay terminals tip to tip. Now I'm doing KiwiRoy's relay base repair. You might want to look at his advice here: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15718&hl=%2Brelay+%2Bbase+%2Brepair

• Like 1