What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Yes ,lately they have been installing automatic speed traps.

There are signals telling you speed traps have been placed but sometimes a distraction fxxxxs you. :homer:

Today I marked the Guzzi-spot in the truck for family road trips. Found the stickers on Amazon, these (two separate stickers) are Red-Reflective. Flash-photography permitted.

IMG_4858.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I've changed tyres,greased the shaft drive and both u-joint (yes even the one near the gearbox :grin: ).

Unfortunately I've found the bearings in bad condition ,in the rear wheel the external one was sloppy,loose and without grease,well solid grease mixed with rust, the one inside was good but I'll change it anyway.

In the front wheel both of them were bad,dry ,rusty,loose.

Tomorrow I'll go to "La casa del cuscinetto" at Civitanova Marche (MC) and I'll buy and replace them.

Rear bearings were 6204 2rs c3 SKF made in France,the front ones were different measure one was 6304 and the other 6205.

The bike has 36000 km (I've bought when it has 3500 km in 2003) and I know that this topic was discussed many times but I can not believe that the bearings has to be changed may I'm bad accustomed  with my '88 K100rs with over 200000km  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I've mounted  Pirelli Diablo Strada.

Ciao.

there are some threads here, ( or several mentions) of the rear wheel inner spacer being too short, causing early bearing wear. Mine were shot @ 15000 mi. on Red LM. I didn't check the Tenni @ 11000 mi. but figure on replacement with new tire. Good job finding and replacing those.

BMW certainly produces a better built motorcycle. Riding mine never made me want to chase younger women like the Goose does. I can't say I ever walked out to the garage with a beer just to look at it either. The Guzzi has a better 'intangible' return on investment.

• Like 3

Btw, Scud noticeable gains with the x-over?

I felt like there was less transition going "on cam" aka 4K torque dip. Maybe a little quicker revving up past 6k...maybe.

What Footgoose said. :thumbsup:  Same for me when comparing to my (ex) R1100RT.

But the original K-bikes (the flying bricks, like Victor has) are unusual enough to be interesting - and their durability/reliability is exceptional. That being said, no motorcyclist who visits my garage wants to talk about the BMW first. They laser in on the Guzzis and say "OMG what are THOSE?" (except, of course the dirt bikers would rather talk about the Husky).

Czakky - Having just installed the FBF crossover and took it on a little ride today, I'd say there are some differences, but my butt-dyno is not so finely calibrated as some. Impressions include:

• Better manners at constant slow speed, such as 2nd gear below 3,000 RPM.
  • I think the occasional 3,000 RPM hiccup I had may be gone, but much more testing  :race: is required before rendering a conclusion. 
  • Possibly a bit smoother throughout the rev range - like a flatter torque curve.
  • It howls at 5,500-7,000. It did that before, but maybe the howl is a little throatier (less muffled) now.

None of these differences are big. Just little things that seem to better.

I totally agree with you footgoose and scud.If i must define the differences between these bikes I would say that the k100rs is my wife and the Guzzona is my lover :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: .

Footgoose I've measured the rear wheel inner spacer and is 122,45mm I've read that must be 113mm,do you think I must shim it?

Orangem2 check bearings also.

• Like 1

I finally got around to doing some more work under the tank today. 

• Replaced the air filter with a fresh OEM filter. The existing filter turned out to be a nice K&N unit, which I have saved for the next filter change. I will have to buy K&N oil for it.
  • Installed a vent and drain union for the tank. The PO had these lines plugged, and I've recently encountered some tank suck, so those plugs had to go. I zip tied a drain line to run with an oil line; now the tank drains/vents behind the engine.
  • Checked valves while I was at it. RH valves were pretty much perfect--the same as I'd set them in February. The LH, though, I had apparently reversed (.20 intake .15 exhaust...). Whoops. I fixed those. 

One question for you all. My LH valve chatter is markedly louder than the RH side. It is not a bad sound, just... louder. Less muffled. I've read it is not unusual for one cylinder to be louder than the other on these Guzzis. Is this true? I am inclined to not worry since the bike is starting and performing rather well and I am used to noisy engines.

Hiccups at 3k rpms with the V11 is notorious. It's normally either there throttle bodies fell out of synch or the valves need a tweak adjust. Before I had a synch and adjustment ( along with a good map) my bike would cough at 3 grand all day to the point I hated riding it in traffic or around town. I'm told a slight random cough can be normal but after mine was tuned it's pretty much cured.

• Like 1