What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Blew out a disc in my back when I was out in SoCal.. :rolleyes: this getting old is BS. :oldgit:

At any rate, It's still a couple of weeks until I can get in to the cutter. Been going crazy not being able to lift anything, etc. The Mighty Scura needs fork seals, but that is probably a little much to take on right now.

However.. the adjuster knob on the rear shock has gone missing. Ohlins doesn't sell it as a spare part. (!) So.. an hour of lathe and cnc mill work later, give it a couple of coats of SEM flat black, and I have a new one.

32667470545_67aed431f3_c.jpg2017-02-02_10-45-17 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

Since I have an hour or so in it, probably I should ask the boss for 80 bux. :grin:

• Like 1

Old girl is fighting me today. Took off the rear wheel for a tire change etc. I've had a set of rear wheel bearings for atleast 4 tire changes but never did em. Finally decided it was time today. No go, I even bought a blind bearing puller. Nothing. Tried my old trick with a drift. Nothing. Onto installing my new to me air box. Goes on no problem, right side cover good. Left side cover fighting me every step of the way, so bad I cracked it.... bummer. Oh well, time to regroup.

No fun today... but you will win eventually.

Have you tried heat on the wheel and freeze spray on the bearing? And there's no shame in having a shop press it out if needed - except you probably want your new tool to do what it's supposed to.

I have elongated a few holes on sidecovers to make them fit. Having swapped some stuff around, I noticed that a cover that fits on one airbox does not necessarily fit on another airbox.

I like the idea of elongating the hole on the side cover. I'm about 1/4" (6mm) off or better. I guess that's the whole point of my bearing puller after using a "drift" so many times I wanted to treat myself knowing the rears needed replacing. Oh well I guess it's not my day.

Could be worse I could have a Japanese bike that needed nothing...

Better hurry up Bill, only six more weeks of winter :P:  

I installed a Stucchi rear Rack a few days ago. The Coppa is happy. Would like to thank Scud for providing the rack and shipping it cross country.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

I also want to again thank Czakky, for deciding to sell me his Lemans Fairing. It totally transformed the Coppa. image.jpeg.

This was done a while ago , but never shared.

Looking good - so the 2002 red from the Red and Grey LeMans was the same as the red used on the Coppa Italia? It looks close, if not identical, in the picture.

Yes. The Red used is identical.

I will try post a better photo , but the ones I have are to large to upload.

Nice! :thumbsup:  Pretty courageous to make one of these bikes into what we see of them. Coppa LeMans!  :mg:

Hey, maybe you should post on the currently active "lifts" thread. Looks like you have a unique method there. Not sure what is being done with the ratchet strap to the factory stand?

To me, the stock fairing looks a little "added on."

The Ballabio, Cafe Sport, and Coppa Italia all have headlights and flyscreens that are frame-mounted - so they stick out more than the Scura, whose headlight and flyscreen are mounted to the triple-clamps.

I like her better with the LeMans fairing.