What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Ahem, 91hp thank you very much....jk.

Had an above average typical Sunday ride today. One really close call with a mama and her fawn at about 60. All parties are unscathed. Been working on my old Yammie too much and giving up wrenching over riding opportunities I have to stop doing that!

On the yammie I just got the fueling sorted. It didn't really like the pods that were on it when I bought it. First I had to verify the case wasn't leaking. About a million other little 1-4 hour jobs, head gaskets, chains, replace original tires, sort minor electric issues and replace every other gasket and seal I can. One thing I've never done is setting the timing on a 2t, super simple but super touchy. That took me atleast 4hrs. including fabbing up a holder for the TDC dial gauge.

So now the fueling is 95% sorted, the clutch is slipping real bad. Debating weather to scrub up the alleged low mileage but old friction discs or go with new less than consistent aftermarket discs.

On it goes, when running it's a fun ying to the v11s yang!

0bea354413af6445d968d7d44fc10a12.jpg

Got around to replacing the front turn signal. It was dodgy when I got the bike but good enough. Until now. The whole assembly was $21 from MG Cycle.

Has anyone removed the extensions? Will the signals fit with a Scura fairing with them removed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Scuzzi Scura is currently in the loving hands of Mike at MPH at his home shop, doing a few of the upgrades recommended here:

Roper Plate install

Single Plate steel clutch replacement (going to keep the original aluminum one in case anyone wants it, might even do a die crack test to see what sort of condition it's truly in)

Upgrade the ground wiring on the regulator

A few other small tweaks (grease head bearings and ujoints

Had it out for a wonderful ride on the weekend with a few folks dropping by MPH for a morning visit, and it's purring like a big cat, will make me feel better to have the "Chuck recommended list of upgrades" and Scud's "ticking time bomb" taken care of so I can start racking up the miles.

Farkled it up a bit with some matching gold/Rizoma colored shifters and added some brand new Aprilia/Guzzi mirrors to replace the lollipop ones, as I decided that I prefer the mirrors a bit higher than the bar end Napoleon position way down low - coolness factor vs. practicality!

Still thinking about maybe springing for the Ghezzi CF chin fairing...will see!  Since I'm Scura-less for a couple of weeks, the Norge will get some more mileage added to it..it's been complaining since Cedar Vale that it hasn't been ridden much!

Now the question for the weekend:  Mesh or Solid jacket with 75 low, 90 high, no rain in the forecast...could be 2 days of riding, I think mesh will win out!

Houston = Mesh.  Just bummed that they didn't invent it until after I moved from Houston to Phoenix.  Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire !

How did you score a steel single plate?  I assume RAM?

:)  Indeed on the mesh.

I'm relying on Mike's magical Guzzi connections - leaving it in his capable hands.   I'm not 100% sure it's a RAM vs. another single plate original Guzzi clutch from a different model, or if RAM made other single plates for other models...but once I know more details, happy to share the source as well!  Hoping to see it before it goes in so I can learn a bit about the difference between the two of them, my main concern was also that clutch lever pressure and shifting sensation be equal/equivalent to what I have today, and he's assured me it will be.  If not...back to the drawing board!  

I have neglected the LeMans since March while I was preparing for and doing the trip to Nova Scotia on the Norge aka "the Silver Bullet".  We finally got back up to our place in the mountains last Saturday but house chores and a birthday for my Wonderful Wife prevented any rides.

FINALLY TODAY, aired up the tires, checked the fluids and took the beast for a nice one hundred mile ride thru the beautiful mountain roads of North Georgia.  As much as I enjoyed the Norge during the trip up north, the LeMans feels totally different.  The LM suspension is much more firm, power delivery feels like more low end GRUNT, and the sound from those two carbon fiber Mistral cans never ceases to put a big grin on my face!

Sunshine, twisty mountain roads, no traffic, and an awesome bike, what more could a guy ask for?

Jerry

• Like 4

^^^^^ Yeah. I traded down from a Norge to a V11S. It's the last of the *real* Guzzis..

Ahem. If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand..

:whistle:  :)

• Like 1

". . . a V11S . . .

It's the last of the *real* Guzzis...

Ahem. If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand . . ."

Chuck St'r. / 2017

One more beautiful thing, well spoken. :thumbsup:

I'm thinking we need a pinned thread of this kind of poetic expression. :notworthy::mg:

One more beautiful thing, well spoken. :thumbsup:

I'm thinking we need a pinned thread of this kind of poetic expression. :notworthy::mg:

Docc come on be honest you do a great job with re expression of poetic expression and or noticing the same. :)

As people like myself are just lucky to be able to type lol. And if it makes sense WOW I am ahead of the game and find myself lucky once again lol.

FYI. Coppa for Sale on EBay. Located in Rhode Island. NOT mine. I have no relationship with the seller.

^^^^^ Yeah. I traded down from a Norge to a V11S. It's the last of the *real* Guzzis..

Ahem. If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand..

:whistle:  :)

Norge + Scura in the garage makes for a wonderful combination - two very different bikes, both equally enjoyable in their own right!