What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

New carbon Mistrals fitted which sound rather pleasant (and less ‘smashed-in-eardrums’ than those mivvs).

Also a set of rocker cover guards thru from guzzi which came ‘mold fresh’!? Flash, lines and pitted from the casting- took a half-day to file and sand them to a reasonable state.

Removed "knee pads".  Back to bare.

Damn... you're brave, I did not dare to peel them off.

Looks 10x better without them, besides nobody's knees are in that spot anyway....

• Like 1

Went into the garage.  Fondly waved at it.  Went back inside.

We had snow and ice a week ago. Today it was 50˚F so you know what that meant... not looking... riding!

27619988939_84dfef0ff3_b.jpg

My route took me up in the hills were there was still gravel on the road and it was a wee colder. Luckily I was wearing my Christmas present and of, had my heated grips.

Probably the last ride this year!

• Like 1

Well, 3 Time Serts later, the valve covers are back on.

That's like the longest valve cover gasket job I have every done.

For the record, the bolts are M6x1.0......

Could be worse. Somebody (I'm not namin' names, but his initials are S-c-u-d) could be posting pictures taken today from some luscious SoCal valley.

ScudsCurve.jpg

Notice how the Aussies and Kiwis are being really quiet about this sort of thing . . . lest ye provoke an ice-bound V11er with his spanners frozen to a 2-stroke Yammie . . . 

• Like 2

Tried to fix a cracked transmission!

Using a Dremel and a very small mill, grounded out the area of the crack as good as possible, but it prove harder to actually follow the crack than anticipated.

I then de-greased it about 5 times over 48hrs using brake cleaner, and created a large radius fill with Bison metal glue (epoxy-based, also used for repairing one of the two press-fit pins for the gear selector wheels).

The result:

Gearboxleakfix.jpg

Overall I'm pretty satisfied. If this does not fix this, welding is plan B. I will see if it lasts for maybe 1000km or so, if it does, I will paint it black so it goes unnoticed.

Adding the central frame support from the prior generation Sport might help the repair last indefinitely . . .

I know, but it is quite troublesome to install, as my early black frame does not have the support bracket to bolt it to. I would have to weld it in place, probably with the engine/tranny mounted as well in order to position it...

Ah! I forgot about the early BalckFrame not having that mounting bracket! :blush:

Guess you're going to have to taper back on the wheel stands and stunting . . .  ;)

I almost installed this today, but decided to take it in and have it serviced and resprung for my weight.

Was tempting to see the difference from the Sachs even in it's stock setting.

I'm feeling pretty happy to have found one on eBay Italy. It's still in pretty good shape too. bd6193d5d2b91468b0a2d2bd23a83672.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Could be worse. Somebody (I'm not namin' names, but his initials are S-c-u-d) could be posting pictures taken today from some luscious SoCal valley.

ScudsCurve.jpg

Notice how the Aussies and Kiwis are being really quiet about this sort of thing . . . lest ye provoke an ice-bound V11er with his spanners frozen to a 2-stroke Yammie . . . 

No pics today. But did enjoy a lovely romp on the Scura through very narrow roads with what passes for winter here - it's sort of like a long autumn in the lower-elevation mountains. I rode through some areas that were badly burned. We're about to get some rain, and the fire-ravaged areas are going to be mess with run-off and landslides. Still... I don't miss living in Rochester, NY where I was born. I know what winter is, and y'all can have it.

Greenie needs a ride...