What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Incidentally, it’s the shite fuel sitting in all the gubbins that worries me most about extended lay-ups- gum ere, gum theyre, fuel tank getting even bigger than it already is.....-

Just add some stabilizer, like Bell Performance. Not sure if you have ethanol in your gas, but we have it here, and it's literally adding sugar to your tank. I have been using a stabilizer for 4+ years and don't have any issues with tank swelling.

After a layup I might pour in a little Redline Fuel Injector Cleaner and go for an Italian Tune-Up.

• Like 1

Heh, yep, i don’t like (and she don’t like) leaving her stationary for longer than a 3 week or so.

Just putting her back together after an accident- next week is phoenix time! And mot time.. and tax time... sweet + sour eh?

Had a rare 60F degree January day (after a miserable cold snap with highs in the single digits), and was really looking forward to taking out the Tenni, but it was spitting and I didn't want to take her out in the rain.  Took out the R12 and the 800GS daily riders and left the Tenni in the garage.  Within 12 hours it dropped 40 degrees.  Snowing now, so a ride in the not too distant future is probably a pipe dream.  Very sad.  :(  Time to add stabilizer and hope for an early spring.

Pushing 11,000 miles, I decided to put the knowledge I've gained from the forum to good use. New rubber, front and rear, and...voila...

20180120_135335.jpg

Didn't bust a thing. Best tip was to relieve the fuel pressure by separating the two electrical connectors coming out of the fuel pump (2004, internal) and turning the engine over briefly. Didn't do my homework, though, cuz while I have a new fuel filter I don't have the fuel pump gasket. 

Does anyone know the purpose of these threaded fasteners on the "spine"?

20180120_135350.jpg

And one more....this is by the battery. Purpose?

20180120_140504.jpg

While the tank is off I'm thinking I'll take advantage of the battery tender pigtail and run a line to the front for a GPS. Be nice to configure this as a sport-tourer for road trips.

Looks like fun. The bracket and studs on the spine are for an external fuel filter - they serve no purpose if you have an internal fuel pump and filter. I don't know what the extra wire harness connector is (was) for.

Looks like the connecter for the lamda sensor used with the IAW15RC ecu.

My 2004 (built 2003) Rosso Corsa has it even though it has the IAW15M ecu and no lamda sensor fitted; they must have used the same wiring loom on both versions of later models. Luckily it came in handy when I fitted the My15M ecu. That connector usually has a cap similar to the three pin diagnostics plug.

• Like 1

I finally after years of ownership installed a functioning steering damper.

Except I somehow lost one of the “special” washers that go on the rose/heim joint side.

Are they necessary? Any old washer work?

A flat washer might work, but I think the cupped one is meant to reduce potential interference - so just be sure the washer is not hitting anywhere and restricting movement.

• Like 1

My neighbor gave me a motorcycle dolly today. It had a leaky Harley on it for a few years. It cleaned up like new. So the Champagne LeMans has a new, space-saving parking spot while it waits for me to have time to work on it again. 

IMG_7476.jpg

• Like 1