What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

After somewhat routine winter maintenance (valves, fluids, tires, fuel & air filter, relay replacments) and in the midst of a GPS/Voltmeter install I decided to check and see if the patient still had a pulse. Welllllll, no current draw to the starter, but some chatter at full handlebar lock. Took the ignition switch apart without mangling it too bad, lubed it with my preferred non-conductive ointment, then moved further aft:

20180318_115914.jpg

Ugh!  And, the 12V trigger, removed in the pic, was marginally attached. Between this. a battery suffering from a winter's worth of disuse, and a loose positive connection at the battery I'm hopeful the patient can be removed from life support (trickle charger) soon.

Yuck. That's gonna take some abrasives, not just spray and lube. The main wire to the battery has a rubber boot on my bike (at starter as in your picture), maybe you should put on boot on that cable while you're at it - helps to keep the Vaseline/DC-4 (or whatever you use) in play.

What's the plugged hose?

Yuck. That's gonna take some abrasives, not just spray and lube. The main wire to the battery has a rubber boot on my bike (at starter as in your picture), maybe you should put on boot on that cable while you're at it - helps to keep the Vaseline/DC-4 (or whatever you use) in play.

What's the plugged hose?

Mine had the boot too, but between the magic ointment on the connections and, perhaps, an ill-advised spritz of silicone spray to the boot itself to keep it pliable, darn thing won't stay put. 

The plugged hose was discovered after I took the starter cover off, just laying on the starter. It's a mystery (to me) for now. It passed my critical inspection (hmmm....screw's in there pretty good...if it's meant to plug the end, it's still doing its job) so I just zip tied it to something stationary and moved on!

Zip tie will keep the boot in place.

Maybe that plugged end is how the PO terminated the vacuum line after removing the emissions canister. 

After being parked in bits outside under the carport for almost a year I finally fired up the bike this weekend. Just when I was going to go

for a ride fuel started dripping on to the ground. The fuel lines were completely dried out and cracked! Also the quick-release couplings

I installed two years ago were leaking from the inside ! So no ride just yet !

"First ride" on new-to-me Tenni #112.  I acquired T112 in December(?) and -- living about 40 degrees north latitude -- put it in the stable (work had me down, too, so missed a few nice opportunities to take her out in the past couple months).  Of course I had taken it for a quick test ride when I bought it, but I hadn't really ridden it, until today.  Been sunny and in the 40s here the past few days, so I knocked the cobwebs off all the beemers, and then took out the Tenni for my first real ride on her.  Ear-to-ear grin! 

Not a terribly long ride, but a few twisties, some empty country roads, and a few miles in town.  Enjoyed assimilating to the feel of the new bike, which handles rather differently from my other bikes. 

Also rather enjoyed the racket the thing makes.  I never understood the desire to have a loud bike, and have always appreciated the quiet purr of my R1200R and the quiet grumble of the F800GS.  The hack (R1100R) annoyingly came with a Staintune that's considerably louder than it needs to be and burbles with engine braking.  So, it was to my great surprise that the biggest sh!t-eating grin :grin: of the afternoon was delivered by the exhaust note when rolling on throttle at 60; changing from a present baritone to an impressive bass vibrato while the bike eagerly answered.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Lemans today.  Will she be the new daily rider?  Hmm...

• Like 2

So, it was to my great surprise that the biggest sh!t-eating grin :grin: of the afternoon was delivered by the exhaust note when rolling on throttle at 60; changing from a present baritone to an impressive bass vibrato while the bike eagerly answered.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Lemans today.  Will she be the new daily rider?  Hmm...

Commute on the BMWs. Save the Tenni for the fun rides. Then you will get to appreciate the character every time you ride the Tenni.

Finally went for that first ride and it was great !   There's still a lot of work to do on the bike but at least I can ride it again  !

IMG_0125 - Copy.JPG

• Like 1

Got my beloved Scura back from Mike at MPH and the last repair of getting the clutch fixed was done.  He was able to install a single plate steel flywheel to replace the aluminum  one, which while not showing any spidering or cracks did sound hollow according to Mike. 

The annoying noisy rattle in neutral with the clutch out is GONE, bike is stealthy quiet and smooth now with just a burble from the LaFranconis, what a pleasant change!  Aside from that it feels exactly the same while riding it, I put 45 miles on it from Mike's place back home and it was smooth as silk.  Hoping to get a few more rides in over the next few weeks and see how it feels over time, possibly up to Moto GP again this year on the Scura or the newly added Griso as well.

That concludes for the moment any repairs needed on Scuzzi (#287), what with a Roper plate, Scud fuel line, fresh fuel downspouts and leaks all fixed, fresh filters, new flywheel and a few choice farkles, the bike is as good as new I reckon.  Now to just enjoy it and rack up some miles.

• Like 3