What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Regular “mini” fuse?

Docc will be here to chime in but I replaced mine with a “maxi” fuse and never had a problem.....

Kiwi Roy could explain the specifics if he still stops in every now and then. Something about huge current spikes from the stator.

Yeah, still has the regular fuse in the original fuse block. I installed a Maxi in my LeMans, and I have an extra Maxi holder in a drawer. I suppose I should install it...

I also have an Electrosport regulator, which I was ready to install today if it was overcharging.

• Like 1

Hmmmm. Yes, I've had this one too.....seems to be a feature  :glare:  The 30A fuse from the alternator kept melting its insulation, but never blew. Looking at the loom, the 2 outputs from the VR join to a single wire going to the fusebox.  Being the anxious sort and fearing fire, I decided to bypass the fuse box and and give each output from the VR its own in-line 30A fuse then connected both to a chunky brass eye terminal direct to the battery. 

No problems with overheating fuses in the 2000m since, and I'm running heated gloves (though spring keeps teasing me).

Had our first 100+ degree ride Sunday. (106)  So, we do what Zonies do on summer days, ride up into the mountains to cool off.  This was a lunch ride to the Red Onion in Heber.

me.jpg

sycamore_turn.jpg

What happens to stuff in Zonie heat.

crayons.jpg

Yesterday evening I walked up to my bike to replace the leaking head cover gasket and found a puddle next to the frontwheel which wasn't there yesterday morning.

More leakage !  I just ordered new seals....

Walter - maybe first try cleaning the oil seals with a seal-saver or home-made version cut from thin plastic. Sometimes the fork seals leak when some dirt gets past the dust seals. 

Thanks Scud !

I saw that and I'll make me one and try that first. Could save me a lot of work.

I used my digital multimeter to find the faulty wire going from the ECU relay to the ECU that didn't allow the bike to start.

• Like 1

Had our first 100+ degree ride Sunday. (106) So, we do what Zonies do on summer days, ride up into the mountains to cool off. This was a lunch ride to the Red Onion in Heber.

me.jpg

sycamore_turn.jpg

What happens to stuff in Zonie heat.

crayons.jpg

Holy crap!!! A running Scura in the wild!!!

badass-irwin.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Put a fresh set of Tekno panniers on the Sport and , with new Alpinestar boots and a new Shoei NeoTech, rode  some brisk Interstate to spend the afternoon with a few fellow SpineRaiders.

Many thanks to footgoose, and to waspp, for the chance to refresh my Tekno panniers! :thumbsup:

IMG_5208.jpg

• Like 3

I'm still amazed at how great your bike looks with 100,000 miles. Those fresh panniers must be a real treat for you.

Yesterday I decided not to ride my Scura to the Ducati/Husqvarna dealer, because I wanted to strap a large part on the bike to bring back home (so I took the ST3).  When I started the ST3 in thr dealer parking lot to head home, the oil light came on and stayed on. Long story short, Ducati oil pressure switch failed (right in the parking lot of the Ducati dealer). And they had one in stock and only charged me $20 labor to install it. I rode home with no issues - with the Husky's new plate strapped on and new fuel-level sender on order. 

So... while this is not a Guzzi story... perhaps we can take consolation in the fact Ducatis suffer the exact same bothersome sensor failures as V11s.

The dealer is Moto Forza - and they have a nice V7 there right now. Plus I got to see the three new Husqvarnas: 401 Vitpilen and Svartpilen, and the 701 Vitpilen. they look like a lot of fun and are super lightweight.

Need to get a short romp in on the Scura later today. Riding during the upcoming Memorial Day weekend will be limited to the 701 Enduro - but it will be in the Eastern Sierras (with new skid plate to guard against volcanic rock abrasions). Hopefully I can plow it through some snowbanks.

• Like 2

Yes yes

Today  a good day for a square head, and a Rosso Corsa, CO was -49, now at 0. Thanks for all the capacity on the forum. More beer to docc for all the help.  A few more days and a new TPS will be mounted. Ride safe.

cheers tom.    :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I found a Quat D Exhaust System Never used.  Im about to Install it. Currently I have an ECU by GuzziTech for Mistral Mufflers and Open AirBox. Can any current Quat D Owner tell me how different the bike may respond? I will get it on the Dyno, or at the very least put the  PC3 to it and find a MAP. But in the mean time I am curios what is about to happen to my bike. 

On another Note, I have 2 Lafranconi exhaust sets of mufflers for sale, one is Carbon Fibre and the other is Black. 

There is also an unused Quat D Exhaust in Germany, the fella hasn't responded to me yet but it is on a site similar to Kijiji, but its all in German.