What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Doesn't Nic up in New Jersey have a Quat exhaust on his ride?

Docc, wasn't Nic's bike the subject of the SSR tech session a couple years ago? WAs rough running before the session and after someone splashed a beer at it, the bike ran fine, at least that's as much as I can remember

JRD,

I 'persuaded' a few of the knowledgable to show us how to use Guzzidiag & then someone had a carbtune & before you knew it we had a full blown service & tech session. Half way through Nick had been watching what was going on, particularly when the consensus was having the CO setting at zero, he mention his bike was running roughly. The mob turned on him ! The computer was plugged in to his beautiful machine & the CO setting adjusted. I hadn't heard how it ran as a result but hadn't heard anything negative either.

Are you going to the SSR this year ?

My Shoulder​ surgery recovery is going well and I plan on attending this one, missed last year. Will you be riding down again?

• 2 weeks later...

A few weeks ago.

Getting the new to me Sport to my liking. Fluid changes and all of the maintenance things.

Transferring some of the parts from my gone LeMans.

Replacing the crank sensor on the Centauro and playing with the tank situation  :whistle:

Sorry for the messy garage picture, it looks different now.

gallery_9718_261_374560.jpg

gallery_9718_261_149767.jpg

Fake Nero  :huh2:

med_gallery_9718_261_51669.jpg

sml_gallery_9718_261_291519.jpgsml_gallery_9718_261_377337.jpgsml_gallery_9718_261_565880.jpgsml_gallery_9718_261_491011.jpg

med_gallery_9718_261_461260.jpg

:notworthy: Love that the website is up again.

Sorry Docc no hammers in these pictures.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Replaced the selector plate and other paraphernalia, topped it up with oil and took the bike to a Ministry approved test centre for the annual safety inspection (MOT to Brits). Passed of course and no leaks so far.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Replaced the stock clutch and brake master reservoirs with black Rizoma Wave billet models, and got the Motobits rearsets (if they can really be called rearsets) installed with help from my local shop whose tech was rewarded with a little aged brown water for his efforts. The levers are eccentric, but there remains no way to move the pegs themselves. The Knight Designs pegs were ok, but I'll likely sell them now. I did order and receive another brand of eccentric pegs and offset brackets (docc recommendation), but they arrived after these were installed, so into the big bin o' spares they go for the future.  Ohlins fork springs 1.05 were pulled out and K-Tech .095's were put back in.  The front end now has some compliance and feel. Ghezzi-Brian CF chin spoiler arrived and that went on, too.  24k service coming up and then this winter perhaps the clutch and a re-anodize / re- powdercoat of the pork chops when everything is pulled apart.  

• Like 1

I FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY got my Scura to Guzzitech for its ecu reflash after 2 years . Regardless it got there . Getting some other little things for her too. Next big thing is replacing the subframe. Has a slight tweak in it from the past owner when he had his getoff. Can't wait to get her back.

There will be a pc3 for sale soon set up for a v11 by the way... And pretty cheap.

Vapor lock hunt today.  I installed new nicely shielded fuel line from Scud - even fits after I scooted my fuel pump forward by 1/4" to get it "that much further away" from the hot cylinders.  Pump is in the orig V11 Sport location under the spine :glare:.  I also put some heat shielding over fuel line on right side for the heck of it and installed a new fuel filter and breather line (no real reason).  Re-tacked on the heat shielding under the tank as best I could.  Cleaned and oiled the pods.  Of all things, I almost could not get the tank bolt in - I think tank might be slightly swollen.  Bike started up with no leaks....am too greasy to put on my gear and test ride. 

Oh I spilled some gas and it turned my epoxy paint job under the bike to grey crud.

Vapor lock hunt today.  I installed new nicely shielded fuel line from Scud - even fits after I scooted my fuel pump forward by 1/4" to get it "that much further away" from the hot cylinders.  Pump is in the orig V11 Sport location under the spine :glare:.  I also put some heat shielding over fuel line on right side for the heck of it and installed a new fuel filter and breather line (no real reason).  Re-tacked on the heat shielding under the tank as best I could.  Cleaned and oiled the pods.  Of all things, I almost could not get the tank bolt in - I think tank might be slightly swollen.  Bike started up with no leaks....am too greasy to put on my gear and test ride. 

Oh I spilled some gas and it turned my epoxy paint job under the bike to grey crud.

I'd say you have a fuel pump issue if you're getting vapor lock. Even in 40 deg C heat in traffic here in an Australian summer i've never had an issue with vapor lock.

Ciao

I'd say you have a fuel pump issue if you're getting vapor lock. Even in 40 deg C heat in traffic here in an Australian summer i've never had an issue with vapor lock.

Ciao

Please elaborate, LuckyPhil. we have always treated "vapor lock" as a fuel line routing, shielding, and proximity issue . . .