What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Replaced the Steering Head Bearings, thanks for the guidance team. Cheeky bugger at the bearing shop asked me if i was working on a trailer :-)

" . . . a trailer . . . " :glare: That's a new one . . .

How was the job getting the old ones out, Brains66?

• 2 weeks later...

Replaced the Steering Head Bearings, thanks for the guidance team. Cheeky bugger at the bearing shop asked me if i was working on a trailer :-)

" . . . a trailer . . . " :glare: That's a new one . . .

How was the job getting the old ones out, Brains66?

Pretty easy thanks Docc, that one at the bottom of the steering stem was a bugger, but some perseverance sprinkled with a lot of choice swearing seemed to do the trick, again pretty much followed the posts I found here, took my time and Shrek was back up and running in about 5 hours.

• Like 1

Today dusted off the LeMans... Fun little zip. Had time for a matching photo...FB_IMG_1550018974852_zpsbwekxnqt.jpg

Pichaco Peak?

Safford Peak. AKA " Sombrero Peak". Actually just south east of Pichaco.

Hi everybody ,
so I made an aluminum mudguard and its stainless steel brackets, and then lightened the upper triple tee slightly. I fit a griso fork (showa) and radial callipers with their adapters (while waiting to find radial fork legs for my fork)
Then I made two legs of cast aluminum headlights with their stainless steel collar, and put it all cleanly :)
My bike has radically change its behavior compared to the original fork and better, I am delighted!

eddy from france;)

1550541782-guzzi-v11-3.jpg

1550541795-guzzi-v11-6.jpg

1550541806-guzzi-v11-5.jpg

1550541810-guzzi-v11-4.jpg

1550541856-guzzi-v11-8.jpg

1550541864-guzzi-v11-1.jpg

1550541866-guzzi-v11-2.jpg

1550541883-guzzi-v11-9.jpg

• Like 5

I like the way you kept everything so low around the bars - such as where you positioned the hydraulic fluid cups. I like that big tach too - in one picture it looks kind of like it is built into the headlight housing.

How do you decide how much material you can remove from the top triple clamp? That would make me nervous.

• Like 1

Hello
Thank you for the compliments :)
For the fork, I saw a guzzi on track that had this modification and I find it nice, so I just copy ... by cutting between the original reinforcements and surfacing the small rim of origin on the top. Given the size of the original foundries, I'm not worried about the resistance. And the thickness is everywhere more important than on the clamp of the fork or it places the biggest efforts.
I think to redo all the aluminum cladding soon, but it's my bike every day so I change slowly, a little bit each time :)

To see a little of my work I leave you the link of my page FB

https://www.facebook.com/Le.Choumac17/

1550634565-51300722-2354758834558779-440

• Like 2

Hi, Eddy..

Just spent several minutes going through your projects. Still grinning over the use of very modern and very old techniques of fabrication. :grin::thumbsup: Some of that machinery is ancient, but of course will do the job. Using a 3D printer to make the patterns.. nice!

18920256_1602447066456630_29164260355354 

• Like 1