What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

I installed the regulator I got from czakky a couple weeks ago. Friday was the first decent day we’ve had in a long while. I took the bike out for a spin. The regulator worked great, voltage never went above 13.5v with the heated grips on high. It’s not that warm here yet!

2f7f5e90348b85a3ae1673c225311d3d.jpg

• Like 1

Today I buttoned up the shifter preselector cover on my Scura. The spring broke and installed the improved one I got from Scud, and the extender bracket I got from Chuck. Also did little polishing of pawl arm etc.

Hopefully I don't have to go back in there for a long time. Thank you to all of you who did all the research and development on these parts and techniques.

Still have to put exhaust back on and fill up oil. I really need to get a bike lift. Working on the floor is hard.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Valves adjusted (one tight, two loose), TPS checked (still at 157mv), I’ve already got the air filter cleaned, fresh oil and filter from the fall. I’m just waiting on the weather.....

I really need to get a bike lift. Working on the floor is hard.

Agreed. When I did the Aero engine into the Lario project, I bought a (gasp) Harbor Freight lift. :rasta:  Shortly into the project, I wondered why I hadn't bought one 20 years ago..

• Like 1

Still have to put exhaust back on and fill up oil. I really need to get a bike lift. Working on the floor is hard.

If you do your own work a lift is mandatory. With the HF ones available all day for $299 with a coupon, it’s the best investment ever.

Every single person who gets a lift says the exact same thing, why didn’t I get one sooner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you do your own work a lift is mandatory. With the HF ones available all day for $299 with a coupon, it’s the best investment ever.

Every single person who gets a lift says the exact same thing, why didn’t I get one sooner?

Yes, the only reason I haven't bought one yet is space.  I'll be putting up a backyard shed soon, and that will free up garage space for the lift.  I do my own work and have a couple other bikes so it will get used often.

Yes, the only reason I haven't bought one yet is space. I'll be putting up a backyard shed soon, and that will free up garage space for the lift. I do my own work and have a couple other bikes so it will get used often.

They drop low enough that you can get some cars over them. Especially if you have an SUV.

• Like 1

Yes, the only reason I haven't bought one yet is space.  I'll be putting up a backyard shed soon, and that will free up garage space for the lift.  I do my own work and have a couple other bikes so it will get used often.

I just keep my Sport parked on it rolled into a Baxley Sport Chock. It takes up very little more space than the bike that.  And looks like a museum exhibit with the with the rope lighting . . . :grin:

• Like 1

Since it's wonderful here in the Maine, I have the time to change a few things.

gallery_9718_261_1363406.jpegFound a Ducati rear huger on eBay for $20

so I improvised and fitted it to the Guzzi

gallery_9718_261_36366.jpeggallery_9718_261_82213.jpeggallery_9718_261_47170.jpeggallery_9718_261_36974.jpeggallery_9718_261_57329.jpeg As much as I love the G&B rear huger, the cheepo in me can't justify the price.

More in the near future

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Finished up the bike.

Installed the Exan exhaust. Might i say, I love the sound so far, fit and finish is top notch.

Pitures in the album,don't know hot to post.

Love the way these engines, love the cold.  Took the Centauro for a 150 mile ride in 35 deg. weather.

• Like 2

I experimented with a wheel guard attached with clamps by that method 5 years ago or so but for me it looked a little too busy and inelegant. When I can summon up the motivation I'll weld some tabs to the swing arm for the guard I think.

Ciao 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2019 at 6:46 PM, IE417 said:

Today I buttoned up the shifter preselector cover on my Scura. The spring broke and installed the improved one I got from Scud, and the extender bracket I got from Chuck. Also did little polishing of pawl arm etc.

Hopefully I don't have to go back in there for a long time. Thank you to all of you who did all the research and development on these parts and techniques.

Rode the bike yesterday fpr the first time since completing the shifter work.  It shifts as good or better than my Japanese bikes now.  The extender bracker and the dressing of the shifter pawl parts made a huge difference.  I used to be feeling around for the shift, now it's crisp, short action.  Thanks Chuck and Scud and all others who have worked on this stuff!

• Like 1

" and all others who have worked on this stuff! "

as well as Chuck and Scud's hard work and perseverance,....

I believe the extended bracket idea originated in the fertile shop of Lucky Phil, as well as the keen dressing of the pawl arm and connecting bits. 

thank you all

• Like 2