What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Yesterday I installed the Plata whatever mount that should have been factory installed. Holy crap what a PITA to install and joy to have installed. Me thinks she even leaks less. New tires too, 160/60 is the way to go as far as I'm concerned now. Swerve swerve....

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 4:22 PM, JBBenson said:

I went for Plan B.  Rather than trying to fight to reattach the leads and the adapter flange to the battery in tight space afforded in the bike, I removed the battery, attached the adapters on the bench, reinstalled the battery in the scooter, and then connected all the leads on top, enjoying much more finger room in doing so.  See below:

KerR9xr.jpg

I think there is enough clearance, the connection stack exceeds the top plane of the battery only by the thickness of the securing nut, and it doesn't appear to touch the seat pan above.  So now I can use alligator clips to charge the battery, rather than the bullet connector set-up I had laboriously installed before, which would do me no good out on the road.  Does anyone see any problems with this (I haven't road tested it as of yet).  Though I've been called a flaming asshole before, I'd rather not give physical proof to the assertion.  B)

BTW, this item is also available on Fleabay for under nine bucks shipped (Odyssey Battery L Terminal Adapter). 

The only issue I see is that one lead is awfully close to the ECU and/or ECU ground wire. Yeah, I know.. it's insulated, but I'd get it away from there just the same.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chuck said:

The only issue I see is that one lead is awfully close to the ECU and/or ECU ground wire. Yeah, I know.. it's insulated, but I'd get it away from there just the same.

I must agree. I've long kept a flash of innertube over that corner of the ECU next to the positive side of the battery. Otherwise, treat all those connections with DeOxit and it looks like you've made a great improvement! :thumbsup:

DSCN2263.jpg

2 hours ago, docc said:

I must agree. I've long kept a flash of innertube over that corner of the ECU next to the positive side of the battery. Otherwise, treat all those connections with DeOxit and it looks like you've made a great improvement! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I noticed the inner tube idea in an earlier post, but it looked like I had enough free space to not need it, perhaps I'll reconsider.  As an alternative, I went to unfasten the ECU ground wire and reattach it to the back corner of the aluminum box to avoid the short possibility entirely.  However, an 8mm wrench was too big and a 6mm wrench too small.  Did those uniquely artistic Italians really employ a 7mm bolt head???  The mind boggles.  :wacko:

13 minutes ago, gstallons said:

Hmmm . 7mm exists . Try it. 9/32" in fraction.

Ha, yep: 7mm turns my ECU fasteners and 9/32" "feels about the same" . . . :luigi:

It is turning wrenches around the ECU and positive battery terminal that can throw VERY undesirable sparks. :o

1PdJkNF_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

last week I went out to start the bike and a whole lot of nothing. This with a brand new Odyssey. I put it on the Deltran Jr. and it brought it up enough to start the bike. 200 miles of riding recharged the battery. But I knew I need a proper charger so how did I do?

qIlQS7w_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Here’s what it automatically set itself at. Does that look right?

12 hours ago, swooshdave said:

1PdJkNF_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

last week I went out to start the bike and a whole lot of nothing. This with a brand new Odyssey. I put it on the Deltran Jr. and it brought it up enough to start the bike. 200 miles of riding recharged the battery. But I knew I need a proper charger so how did I do?

qIlQS7w_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Here’s what it automatically set itself at. Does that look right?

Yep. :thumbsup:

I would still check the voltages with a good DVOM. I've returned "AGM" chargers that didn't make the correct voltages.  Is this one on Odyssey's List of Approved Chargers?

14 minutes ago, docc said:

Yep. :thumbsup:

I would still check the voltages with a good DVOM. I've returned "AGM" chargers that didn't make the correct voltages.  Is this one on Odyssey's List of Approved Chargers?

Of course it is. You didn’t think I’d dare post one that wasn’t!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I tried to ride it! Upon trying to start the damn thing apparently either the fuel pump or hose connecting the pump to filter failed--resulting in expensive ethanol free gas being pumped all over the bike and garage floor.

So I've ordered a new fuel hose (hoping the pump is not cracked somehow), air filter, and fuel filter as tank-off maintenance items to take care of when I pull the tank later this week.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1