What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Dang! I've had the pump outlet pipe break off once when trying to move some wiring out of the way...

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 12:24 PM, Tinus89 said:

Dang! I've had the pump outlet pipe break off once when trying to move some wiring out of the way...

Ouch; unless somebody can fix the broken pipe, this is a big issue (had the same issue a couple of years ago and managed to find a second hand fuel pump... these things cost a fortune).

5 hours ago, rosso corsa said:

Ouch; unless somebody can fix the broken pipe, this is a big issue (had the same issue a couple of years ago and managed to find a second hand fuel pump... these things cost a fortune).

Bought pump from Quantum fuel system in California.  25$.   HFP-385-1738, and yes it's all good 😊.

Cheers tom.

11 hours ago, rosso corsa said:

Nope, I did not dare to fix it in any way... Cuz if it fails again, it will probably be with a hot engine between my legs...

I do still have the (perfectly fine) pump and broken off hose pillar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2019 at 11:13 AM, Antiquar said:

hoping the pump is not cracked somehow

Let me know if you need a new one. I have a brand new Bosch pump, bought a few years ago as a backup, that I won't be needing.

• Like 1

Added an aluminium rear hugger that i made.

It took 6hrs because the 1st part needed were new mounts needed in the stand. d4ad766bc6731f94823d30e94646b539.jpgc437599626523642ee8215a2465ffd5e.jpgb08d9902a0a273f19469325d857e5976.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Upon returning from my lovely tour up to, and around, the Hebrides, my bike has developed a fierce squeaking from the rear end.

Initial bouncings seeeem to rule out the shock.. is it coming from the driveshaft..?  Inside the bevel box..?  Hmmm. Brake seems fine.....

5 hours ago, stewgnu said:

Upon returning from my lovely tour up to, and around, the Hebrides, my bike has developed a fierce squeaking from the rear end.

Initial bouncings seeeem to rule out the shock.. is it coming from the driveshaft..?  Inside the bevel box..?  Hmmm. Brake seems fine.....

Perhaps there is road grime in that anti-rotation block between the swing arm and the caliper mount arm? Or a piston sticking in the slave cylinder? Does the sound change when the rear brake is on?

• Like 1

hmmmmm, pretty easy to jack the bike and pull the rear wheel/ brake and do a thorough inspection of bearings and swingarm, driveshaft, and brake and such?

There are five bearings on the rear axle and two in the reardrive . . .

• Like 1

I looked longingly at my Scura while I cleaned up the dirt bikes. She's been idle too long and I need to devote some time to learning electricity stuff.

• Like 2

On 5/19/2019 at 1:58 PM, Nihontochicken said:

Yeah, I noticed the inner tube idea in an earlier post, but it looked like I had enough free space to not need it, perhaps I'll reconsider.  As an alternative, I went to unfasten the ECU ground wire and reattach it to the back corner of the aluminum box to avoid the short possibility entirely.  However, an 8mm wrench was too big and a 6mm wrench too small.  Did those uniquely artistic Italians really employ a 7mm bolt head???  The mind boggles.  :wacko:

Okay, I finally located some 7mm hex head tools.  The first was in a pack of ignition wrenches, but swinging this around the ground bolt looked like it would get perhaps uncomfortably close to the blitzenwerke battery positive electrode.  So then I found a 7mm socket in a set of small such tools, and I proceeded to move the ground lead out of harm's way, to the back corner of the box:

wkD0BR6.jpg

Of course, the whole box is grounded, and so any contact with the battery positive pole will result in regrettable fireworks, but at least there isn't the realistic possibility of wires rubbing themselves into self-immolation. 

BTW, last week I went for a putt, and the starter weakly hacked twice and died.  Battery was drained, dunno why, either I haven't been riding enough (a few miles once a week), or I haven't been keeping the alternator happy with enough revs while tootling downtown.  I have no magic high zoot chip controlled charger, just a 40 year old Schauer car battery charger that never even dreamed of silicon.  Putting it to work, it showed a 10 amp draw when initially hooked up, but steadily dropped to well under an amp in a couple of hours.  After the charge and a week later, the battery showed 12.74 volts with the ignition key off, 12.14 with it on (headlight on low beam).  The engine fired right up, and I put on a few miles about town trying to keep the revs over 3k.  Upon shutdown (ignition key off), the VOM registered 12.99 volts.  So has my battery safely passed through the valley of the shadow of death?  Inquiring minds!  :lol:

• Like 1

I found time today and pulled the tank. The culprit: a crack in the hose!

Kj7CWRz.jpg

I replaced the pipe, along with the fuel filter and air filter. Took the bike for a short ride, no evident leaks. :race:

• Like 2