What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

14 hours ago, Nihontochicken said:

Okay, I finally located some 7mm hex head tools.  The first was in a pack of ignition wrenches, but swinging this around the ground bolt looked like it would get perhaps uncomfortably close to the blitzenwerke battery positive electrode.  So then I found a 7mm socket in a set of small such tools, and I proceeded to move the ground lead out of harm's way, to the back corner of the box:

wkD0BR6.jpg

Of course, the whole box is grounded, and so any contact with the battery positive pole will result in regrettable fireworks, but at least there isn't the realistic possibility of wires rubbing themselves into self-immolation. 

BTW, last week I went for a putt, and the starter weakly hacked twice and died.  Battery was drained, dunno why, either I haven't been riding enough (a few miles once a week), or I haven't been keeping the alternator happy with enough revs while tootling downtown.  I have no magic high zoot chip controlled charger, just a 40 year old Schauer car battery charger that never even dreamed of silicon.  Putting it to work, it showed a 10 amp draw when initially hooked up, but steadily dropped to well under an amp in a couple of hours.  After the charge and a week later, the battery showed 12.74 volts with the ignition key off, 12.14 with it on (headlight on low beam).  The engine fired right up, and I put on a few miles about town trying to keep the revs over 3k.  Upon shutdown (ignition key off), the VOM registered 12.99 volts.  So has my battery safely passed through the valley of the shadow of death?  Inquiring minds!  :lol:

So, hey, monitor your voltage every few days and, when it drops to 12.65v,  turn the lights on a few minutes then charge it until it reaches 14.7v.

It would be great if your Shauer has a "manual" mode and you can just go by the voltage. You become the "high zoot chip", your-own-self! :nerd:

Fixed all the things I broke last weekend lol :grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/15/2019 at 1:27 PM, milar said:

LED Headlight.

Bought on Ebay.

M

led small.jpg

Any feedback on how this performs? $50 vs $350 for a JW Speaker brand is compelling, but the price delta is so great that it would scare me off from a quality perspective. 

I can't comment on the quality.  I installed it a couple of weeks ago.  It works.  I like the looks.  Who knows how long it will last?

Mike

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, milar said:

I can't comment on the quality.  I installed it a couple of weeks ago.  It works.  I like the looks.  Who knows how long it will last?

Mike

Had it out on a dark road to view beam pattern and projection quality, hi vs lo beam?

Went for a ride to work today on the Scura.  Bike was hesitating a little while cruising at highway speeds.  Felt like I was running out of gas.  Stopped at a gas station to fill and was able to get 6gallons of fuel in it...  does that mean I was cruising on fumes or is my gas station rigging the fuel pump counter?  My low fuel light never turned on.  I thought capacity was 5.5gallons total?  After filling continued my commute and rode at speeds I haven’t hit since I was young and stupid.  I know it’s wrong but felt amazing!

10 hours ago, plexiform said:

Went for a ride to work today on the Scura.  Bike was hesitating a little while cruising at highway speeds.  Felt like I was running out of gas.  Stopped at a gas station to fill and was able to get 6gallons of fuel in it...  does that mean I was cruising on fumes or is my gas station rigging the fuel pump counter?  My low fuel light never turned on.  I thought capacity was 5.5gallons total?  After filling continued my commute and rode at speeds I haven’t hit since I was young and stupid.  I know it’s wrong but felt amazing!

Official capacity is 5.8 US gallons, as I recall. I’ve never been able to fill more than 5.2.

Looks like your station’s pump could use a calibration...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, docc said:

Official capacity is 5.8 US gallons, as I recall. I’ve never been able to fill more than 5.2.

Looks like your station’s pump could use a calibration...

Or it has the Ethanol swollen tank issue?

Ciao

On 6/5/2019 at 7:17 PM, milar said:

Mike

That's a good price!  Looks like prices for these are finally coming down enough for the average owner to consider.

We'll be very interested to hear how the brightness and beam pattern seems to compare with the OEM headlight and reflector.  I know it will be somewhat subjective unless you have another V11 to compare it with side-by-side, but hopefully you can recall enough to note the difference.

1 hour ago, al_roethlisberger said:

That's a good price!  Looks like prices for these are finally coming down enough for the average owner to consider.

We'll be very interested to hear how the brightness and beam pattern seems to compare with the OEM headlight and reflector.  I know it will be somewhat subjective unless you have another V11 to compare it with side-by-side, but hopefully you can recall enough to note the difference.

On 6/5/2019 at 6:17 PM, milar said:

Mike

Yes, thanks. At that price I can test quality and effectiveness for myself. My concern is how it attaches to the bucket, and what happens to the day running light wire, or whatever that small bulb is called?

" . . . or whatever that small bulb is called? "

The small 4 watt bulb in the headlamp bucket id the "city or parking light."  Comes on with the tail light, instrument light circuit with no relay, and the ignition switch Park position with the steering locked.  "Euro" switchgear allows for the Hi-Lo beams to be turned off (in the "city") while the tail/ 4 watt lamp and instrument lighting stays on. Not sue who else got that left hand switchgear, but not the US.

• Like 1

I hadn't ridden (nor washed, nor pulled maintenance) on the Sporti since my trip last fall. Changed fluids a bit ago, engine oil a couple days ago and rode to the car wash. Forgot that eating it in the parking lot 4 times on that trip led to a stripped valve cover bolt and gasket leak. So, todays project was installing Time-Serts in the lower 4 bolt holes. I'd have done them all, but it really wasn't necessary and I didn't want to pull the fairing. 

XIcQeRiM0NUgETjdlmx3hNe0VQxobOK0smOIU9vD

• Like 1

More than going true,,,, not possible to take driveshaft out, and the shaft was not lined correct. Svingarm has to come of, . New bearings and Moly 321 on the rubber cushions.
Cheers tom. 504eda68d97ece2ea5317dbd84d34a80.jpg28bad608245135b7b4a75b8800ef5381.jpg3fcc6b1d1e2d65c02172de2290013d2e.jpgd34f763934f5023e1f9a4f38037d6708.jpg276b2af840fa9bb6ac71714a87f3a522.jpg

Sent fra min SM-G903F via Tapatalk