What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

17 hours ago, footgoose said:

if the muffler hit the ground, the hangar bracket could bend. also bent foot peg. Joe has good stuff, thats what I have.

I bent the bracket outwards, pulling at the hanger, and the bracket came off. Just so. It helps to have a MIG/MAG unit available in this case.

23 hours ago, kantmakm said:

Dropped my rosso mandello today.  Amazingly, the only obvious damage was to the front turn signal (right), brake pedal, and head guard.  I have ordered head guard and brake pedal replacements from Joe on ebay, and I'm considering my options on the signal since I have a janky one on the rear of the bike too.  What else should I be looking for in terms of damage?  Bike seems to run fine, but it's parked until the brake pedal gets replaced.

If the exhaust can takes a whang, it could possibly crack the crossover- maybe not from one drop ... but worth 3 minutes to check anyway.  Cracks there make tuning Not Fun.

I’ll take any well-deserved abuse for not working hard enough to find an answer within existing threads, but my initial search for “vibration reducing grips” yielded me nothing so far, and I don’t want to crawl through a million threads.

So... you have a favorite grip you use to mitigate some of the vibes that come through the handlebars on the v11 (‘02 lemans in my case)?
For the short distance I usually ride the v11, I’m fine, but maybe it’s age or maybe it’s in my head, but my hands buzz for a while after riding, and it’s not a pleasant buzz....
And also, I have larger hands, so something thicker would be good, so probably worth killing both birds with one stone. Just looking for recommendations.

8 minutes ago, Gmc28 said:

I’ll take any well-deserved abuse for not working hard enough to find an answer within existing threads, but my initial search for “vibration reducing grips” yielded me nothing so far, and I don’t want to crawl through a million threads.

So... you have a favorite grip you use to mitigate some of the vibes that come through the handlebars on the v11 (‘02 lemans in my case)?
For the short distance I usually ride the v11, I’m fine, but maybe it’s age or maybe it’s in my head, but my hands buzz for a while after riding, and it’s not a pleasant buzz....
And also, I have larger hands, so something thicker would be good, so probably worth killing both birds with one stone. Just looking for recommendations.

I like Progrip Superbike grips in this pattern. Cushy, yet positive grip and Made in Italy!

(Also, do not neglect timely and meticulous tuning and synchronization to help tame the vibes!)

https://www.revzilla.com/dirt-bike/pro-grip-699-sport-bike-gel-grips

pro_grip699_sport_bike_gel_grips_black_7

5 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

... to mitigate some of the vibes that come through the handlebars on the v11...

Are the bar end weights still there? They help damp handlebar vibrations. So do mirrors.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MartyNZ said:

Are the bar end weights still there? They help damp handlebar vibrations. So do mirrors.

Bar end weights are the throttlemeister units on mine.  

No bar end mirrors at this point.  Certainly open to that, but would have to look at how to cover up where the stock mirrors mount.... i’ll Look closer at pics and see what others have done. 

My grips are good, but very thin.  Bought the bike from my good friend, and he liked these,  but I’m used to a thicker grip, and could also use some vibe cancelling wherever I can get it.

22 minutes ago, Chuck said:

You can pack the bars with 38 special boolits, fishing sinkers, etc. Add some Pro Grips gel, and you're golden. :grin:

Now we’re talkin’....

also looking for some kryptonite, but having a tough time sourcing it.

Those of you who have bar end mirrors on your Lemans (if there are any of you), what is done with the existing mirror mounts?  Am assuming bar end mirrors are only really for sports and bikes without the fairing?

30 minutes ago, Gmc28 said:

Those of you who have bar end mirrors on your Lemans (if there are any of you), what is done with the existing mirror mounts?  Am assuming bar end mirrors are only really for sports and bikes without the fairing?

You can just turn the lever clamps upside down. The mounts will be unobtrusive.

16 hours ago, Chuck said:

You can just turn the lever clamps upside down. The mounts will be unobtrusive.

But, don't LeMans mirrors mount to the fairing?

Yes they do, but Guzzi used the same clamps as the naked bikes. Originally blanked with a plastic plug.