What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Ah. Yeah, the inversion method works for those.

I thought the poster was asking about blanking the holes left in the fairing.

4 hours ago, docc said:

Ah. Yeah, the inversion method works for those.

I thought the poster was asking about blanking the holes left in the fairing.

Correct... holes in the fairing.

• Thanks 1

Open crossover = flamethrower! What fun . . . :sun:

Wait til you get some proper canisters. Aren't those cf wrapped factory LaFranconi?

3.1 lbs each! . . . pretty sure your LaFranchoni are 10 lbs each. Maybe more, since they added the carbon fiber wrap for that "lightweight look" . . .  :ph34r:

Not a V11, but I changed handlebars on my 1200 Sport. I still had the original ones that lean forward. I changed them to aftermarket ones for a more upright seating position. Couldn't believe the difference in handling, especially on slow turns like roundabouts.
Less weight (my own...) on the front wheel, probably.

• Like 1

Mikko, please post a sound video when you get the new cans installed!  Cant wait to hear it.

7 hours ago, Mikko said:

Starting the weekend off early! Like a kid a Christmas, I come home to a pile of packages on the porch. Of which contained my new Motogadget Blaze turn signals!

JETB5229_zps6fdxhomo.jpg

MotoGadget Blaze Demo

And a misfire, The Ticon Mufflers are not going to work. 17" is too long to get them "High & Tight" so i"m going to send them back and grab the 12" size.

What did you do w/the original stuff ? I need the screws that hold the lens to the housing ? Uhhh , the lenses too , if you have them !

2 hours ago, Mikko said:

DGmbkzp.jpg

Cool protective mesh thing I found on eBay. Gonna do something cool with it, so stay tuned!!

So, a couple things I learned from running FIAMM Freeway Blasters in that position:

1) I love-love  ~full-on horns~ !

2) A screen or grill is good over the bell.

3) Aiming the bells away (outboard) from the tire spray will preserve them. :thumbsup:

4) They can get too close to the header pipes and smell funky as they melt. :huh:

5) Wiring in dedicated relays and fused wiring is best.

For consideration:

10 minutes ago, Mikko said:

Here in the States, a horn is step one..can also be combined with a middle finger and foul language.....People are not very social once armed with several tons of steel/plastic. With a nimble bike, i can avoid most situations..but a toot on the horn can help assimilate the heathens to the current regime in power at that moment.

I wouldn't dream of doing anything of that nature over there. You guys carry guns!!!

Ciao

23 minutes ago, Mikko said:

Here in the States, a horn is step one..can also be combined with a middle finger and foul language.....People are not very social once armed with several tons of steel/plastic. With a nimble bike, i can avoid most situations..but a toot on the horn can help assimilate the heathens to the current regime in power at that moment.

I think i’ll need to keep that quote... “assimilate the heathens..”. Love it!

but I also don’t use a horn.  I inherited a Denali (?) aftermarket unit on another bike, and it’s loud.  About pissed myself when I tried it.   I find that when I alarm a cager (like with a horn) they get unpredictable, and that’s one of the things that I fear most on the road.... unpredictability.   Like the “fast and furious” fanboys who change lanes like they’re riding with Vin Diesel.  That’s where I would use a rocket launcher, and skip the horn.

Ninety-nine times of a hundred, my FIAMM have been to change the attitude of chasing dogs. Somehow, the factory squeakers are a "come-on!" for their delights.