What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Many thx all!

i’ll email Ghezzi then, and see what comes of that.  May allow myself the indulgence of some CRG levers, to go along with this winters otherwise mechanical focused work (tune).

off to japan in a week and a half to ride a 1250gs around for a while on the South Island of Kyushu. No v11’s for rent were forthcoming.... :->

• Like 1

16 hours ago, docc said:

That's the carbon fiber version?

No one has a factory hugger for Gmc28? Seems Californians pull these off day one .

You know, the place where "The girls only warn ya" . . . :sun:

I got mine 2 years ago. And they're not exactly cheap. But looking pretty isn't cheap to begin with. 😉🤑

• 3 weeks later...

Installed the "Deep V" sump:

large.155975C7-376D-43C9-8496-278751F6F6AD.jpeg

large.F1A2DCD6-BDDA-49D1-B983-325D45EB39D3.jpeg

Used all Ti fasteners. Total weight savings is approx. 7.75 pounds (3.5 kg). Deleted the oil return line and put a one way flapper valve on the vent line.

Now that my front subframe is exposed, it quite obviously needs some loving!

• Like 5

Great looks for sure. I like the valve covers and head guards, which ones are those? Maybe a different angle of ones I've seen before?? What is that kick stand? Running a slopper plate now/still?, seems like it may be more helpful with the extra oil. so.. how much oil capacity? Is that the oil filter protruding? Tokico caliper? GSXR front end?

Sorry, just so much in the pic. I like the naked sub frame looks too.

(has anyone else's emoji menu gone crazy?)

• Like 1

Installed the "Deep V" sump:
large.155975C7-376D-43C9-8496-278751F6F6AD.jpeg.d3adfd26bebd6af3e4056f3da495a9f2.jpeg

large.F1A2DCD6-BDDA-49D1-B983-325D45EB39D3.jpeg.a0255a1b3c317b8445d46c7820a79e88.jpeg
Used all Ti fasteners. Total weight savings is approx. 7.75 pounds (3.5 kg). Deleted the oil return line and put a one way flapper valve on the vent line.
Now that my front subframe is exposed, it quite obviously needs some loving!
Looking beautiful!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Chuck said:

I *think* that oil filter is the stainless screen that you clean and reuse. :ph34r:If it is, I'd give it the flotation test. :oldgit:

Does this mean you're not a fan Chuck? I'm not myself.

Ciao

I'm not sure what's inside that forward facing projection, but is there still the original canister filter inside the sump? Only that, now, there is no access cover and the sump has to be dropped to change the actual oil filter?

Sidestand attachment also had to be modified with no "sump spacer?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2019 at 7:52 PM, footgoose said:

Great looks for sure. I like the valve covers and head guards, which ones are those? Maybe a different angle of ones I've seen before??

large.155975C7-376D-43C9-8496-278751F6F6

I wonder, too. The plug wires are routed up through the valve cover. The downside is that the owner can no longer show off the NGK racing bling wires.