What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

2de09005767cf8034de0f82204ca2611.jpg

It’s November, isn’t it?

Well, today I finally started the winter maintenance. There is still loads of snow at my place, so I pretend the spring is massively delayed this year.

The side cover on right side was cracked by the former owner, and I am seriously considering to rip them off along with the air intake box. I have read about the cons but the pros are service friendliness and coolness. Isn’t it? I also consider to replace the fuse box with separate circuit breakers. At least the burned 30A one.

Hope you all are well and healthy. Strange times indeed. My uncle died in November, so we’ve been busy all winter, and still are. A farm in bad shape, rebuilding of the main building, paper work, money, stocks, tons of paper, tons of timber.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hammershaug said:

2de09005767cf8034de0f82204ca2611.jpg

It’s November, isn’t it?

Well, today I finally started the winter maintenance. There is still loads of snow at my place, so I pretend the spring is massively delayed this year.

The side cover on right side was cracked by the former owner, and I am seriously considering to rip them off along with the air intake box. I have read about the cons but the pros are service friendliness and coolness. Isn’t it? I also consider to replace the fuse box with separate circuit breakers. At least the burned 30A one.

Hope you all are well and healthy. Strange times indeed. My uncle died in November, so we’ve been busy all winter, and still are. A farm in bad shape, rebuilding of the main building, paper work, money, stocks, tons of paper, tons of timber.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big mistake, dont even think about it. The side covers tend to crack due to poorly located mount holes that mean they are stressed when installed. I recently modified my mount holes so they aren't loaded up and stressed when installed.

Ciao 

• Thanks 1

Didn't take a photo of the pile of dirt (I would estimate a 1/4 pound) I scraped out of the fins of the engine, particularly the timing cover. It looks like a previous owner painted OVER the dirt.

• Haha 1

Got the modified V11 back up and running after a bunch of little changes and fixes.

Gear drives from Joe Caruso fitted. Not without much angst.... (gears were beautiful but a stripped thread on the pump was a $400 fix.)

Change the handlebar switches. I had the right indicator switch on the right side for a bit of symmetry but in practice, I virtually had to take my hand off the throttle to press it and at least on one memorable occasion hit the kill switch instead... not fun in the middle of a roundabout ! needless to say, its all bak on the left side again.

Installed a Meinholf map. Boy did that bring out some midrange power ! Got to be 15% more from 2500 to 4500rpm and fixed the flat spot off idle. Bravo , thanks Meinholf.

Made some  industrial looking headlight holders after the originals broke. That bought the headlight lower and closer to the headstock and has given a bit lighter feeling on the steering as hoped.

Added a fuel pump relay as originally I wired it so that when the ignition is on, so is the pump. Fine 99% of the time, but I think now having the relay is no major issue, but it is one extra thing to go wrong and we all know those relays are the source of some issues.

Replaced a faulty speedo pick up.

Replaced the front brake and clutch master cylinders and reservoirs with some nice discacciati cnc beauties. Replaced the brake and clutch lines to suit the new setup.

49771550716_e6f4d1ed23_c.jpg

49771015488_00fac0ca35_c.jpg

49771533796_5b3569e50b_c.jpg

Zinging the gear... the gear would just keep ringing for almost as long as i left it. Heres a quick video of it.

[vid]

49771858347_808a7d4d0f_c.jpg

49770998088_ec54aa01db_c.jpg

49771858232_466b61e068_c.jpg

49771874732_8362670ea4_c.jpg

[vid]

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, knumbnutz said:

Installed a Meinholf map. Boy did that bring out some midrange power ! Got to be 15% more from 2500 to 4500rpm and fixed the flat spot off idle. Bravo , thanks Meinholf.

Tks for posting the videos and sharing the info.

Your build has a very brutal look and sound, nicely done. 

I can't believe the ringing sound of fine crystal, coming from those timing gears, completely unexpected.

I'm behind in my job list, but I intend to install meinholf's map very soon myself, I'm curious what valve clearances you used.

Tks

Kelly

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 80CX100 said:

Tks for posting the videos and sharing the info.

Your build has a very brutal look and sound, nicely done. 

I can't believe the ringing sound of fine crystal, coming from those timing gears, completely unexpected.

I'm behind in my job list, but I intend to install meinholf's map very soon myself, I'm curious what valve clearances you used.

Tks

Kelly

Just standard valve clearances. Actually I must check them again, thanks for the reminder although its probably only been 2500klms since I last checked

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, knumbnutz said:

I also recently installed the latest version and zeroed my fuel trim, it make a massive difference doesnt it?!

6 hours ago, 80CX100 said:

I used 004 and 006, which I believe are universally accepted...(I might be wrong).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Big mistake, dont even think about it. The side covers tend to crack due to poorly located mount holes that mean they are stressed when installed. I recently modified my mount holes so they aren't loaded up and stressed when installed.

Ciao 

Big mistake to remove/remake the air box? I've seen a lot of users here with big K&N filters...?

Got myself a replacement steering damper Heim joint with it's own little grease point, how sweet!

GyXL60k.jpg

MyCbJBs.jpg

Does anyone have any tips on setting it so it doesn't reach the end of travel before full lock, or hit the clamp?  Trial and error?

• Like 1