What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

3 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

Keeping in mind docs words about this topic, but also not wanting to start a thread for such a small thing..... and, its something “I did today”, or “was gonna did”....

went out to put the nifty little MG logo on the front of the freshly powder coated stator cover, and only then realized the logo piece is flat but the custom sized rectangle area where it mounts there in the center is curved.  Is there a special, different logo for that spot, or do folks have some way to properly attach the flat logo to that slightly curved surface?  My logo piece came with some spongy backing tape, which is probably garbage...

I seem to recall the OEM aluminum emblem can be gently shaped to the curve. Clean that surface really well and the adhesive holds up surprisingly well. Yet, it is not unheard of that they go missing . . .

22 minutes ago, hammershaug said:

I feel like I'm one of the sinners, but I fully agree on the criticism @docc. This is sort of a catch-all thread - full of bits and pieces. I will continue to post, but FYI I've just started my own thread regarding maintenance of my Greenie.  Welcome anytime  :thumbsup: 

No criticism, just an observation. These "catch-all" threads see alot of traffic and some great posts.  OP Scud also kind of originated the idea of the Dedicated Build Thread. That the current owner of his Greenie, KINDOY2, has that thread for reference is just terrific.  Looking forward to your thread, hammershaug! :luigi:

• Like 2

Got license plates yesterday, new Pirelly Angel GT and new front bearings on the Greenie. PO di'nt like corner's, plenty of meat left on the Dunlops, but flat like a , di'nt handle good, compared to my R Corsa with Øhlins and Pirelly GT's. Checked the frame, straitgh to my abillity, wondering about suspension , new GT's today = NICE.
Will do a new sync after a trip in the mountains, first tuning Meinolf 's way, 2-3000rpm in town traffic speeds, not perfect, rest of the curve = YES.
I know I mentioned it before, my Greenie felt like a bomb compared to my R Corsa , but felt more even today ??? More reports later. What a serious relationship.
Still V early in the season up here, theyr'e , not going anywhere. Next week 6c and rain Yes I have another IPA.
Cheers Tom 71afcb122dfefecd47aca05b27be5139.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A505FN via Tapatalk

• Like 5

Luigi, this 2001are missing the 2 welded bracket's on the spine, to support the gear box. Not worried at all.
Cheers Tom 1469af124995de492d83dc7f88803dbb.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A505FN via Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, docc said:

What a fine brace of V11!   :mg:    :mg:

I spy a silver Z3.  My, my . . .  and I thought you were a Mopar guy   . . . :sun:

You are so right Docc,,  was even inked in 78 with 426 Hemi.     9 years ago the misses,  Rose, was 50,, so exspensive flowers with wheels,, well deserved , hanging in since early seventy's

Side comment,,, every time I'm entering the garage, I never stir my eyes towards the sort of new 1250 HP  GS,,, just towards V 11 and tonti's... at least a good illness.

Wishing enjoyable riding for everybody.

Cheers tom

• Like 2

Installed my genuine err... Vespa.. shift lever pivot bolt and brass bushes today to take out the horrendous slop (the pivot was bent!), nice and tight now.

Seems they don't even bother to mention Guzzi on the factory parts any more, too exclusive??😁

WLJMYWq.jpg

Getting those original bushes out was interesting... I see the new ones are slotted, to allow easy destruction later.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hammershaug said:

Photo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry, Imgur was not playing ball. fixed

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 10:56 AM, docc said:

I seem to recall the OEM aluminum emblem can be gently shaped to the curve. Clean that surface really well and the adhesive holds up surprisingly well. Yet, it is not unheard of that they go missing . . .

No criticism, just an observation. These "catch-all" threads see alot of traffic and some great posts.  OP Scud also kind of originated the idea of the Dedicated Build Thread. That the current owner of his Greenie, KINDOY2, has that thread for reference is just terrific.  Looking forward to your thread, hammershaug! :luigi:

Your 100% right on that docc...I had read Scuds complete Build thread weeks  before I even knew the bike was available..In fact the same day I was on my way to buy a Lemans in the Bay Area someone in Carlsbad who I knew from Aprilia's  told me Scuds Bike was available,  I cancelled the other purchase and bought a plane ticket to San Diego with in 1 hour and I flew in the next morning with the cash..then left immediately and rode it 450 miles home with-out a hitch...ALL because I had read that build thread and felt like I already knew all I needed to know about the bike and its history...and I was right!! I still use Scuds thread for reference when working on the bike!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I put a tiny little rear light on the back, to replace the small, but crappy light/bracket arrangement that I was never happy with.  This Shin-Yo light is supposed to be fender mounted on the top, but I took a gamble on it fitting/being visible under the V11 rear...

uWfOjMg.jpg

f7cQT3J.jpg

BAAi4EB.jpg

zcokMjJ.jpg

• Like 8

Opened a box from Italy.

A fool and his money are soon parted....

now just need to determine if fitting them, and the new crossover, will be just the typical battle with the fitment, or if there are any special tricks or concerns with that charcoal canister/exhaust mount setup.

B13C5871-9E9B-4748-9744-D95890B4040C.jpeg

• Like 5