What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

1 hour ago, Gmc28 said:

Opened a box from Italy.

A fool and his money are soon parted....

now just need to determine if fitting them, and the new crossover, will be just the typical battle with the fitment, or if there are any special tricks or concerns with that charcoal canister/exhaust mount setup.

B13C5871-9E9B-4748-9744-D95890B4040C.jpeg

I have the Stucchi crossover and the same muffers in Stainless steel and it all goes together nicely. Pull the headers and fit new crush gaskets and assemble the whole system and align it and then torque up the fasteners.

Ciao

Thx PHil.  I’ll chase down some crush gaskets...

On 4/21/2020 at 1:08 PM, docc said:

May I say that the downfall of this "thread" is that there is no "topic."  :huh2:

So, NicoNZ ( and others), please feel free(er) to start your own thread/topic about your individual build and learning experiences.  :luigi:

Specific topic titles are easier to search for others later.  For example, "Clutch Chatter" is a better topic title than something like, "WTF?" :huh:

FWIW, I don't hear anything "bad" in that brief video. Maybe some wee exhaust leaks? (Those will totally mess up a V11 . . .)

Been a while and yes totally agree. This does not mean I was an idiot in the first instance! I will start a thread on my V11 experience. (first guzzi and rebuild journey). My biggest problem is that I have put a lot of work into the bike with plenty of tasks yet to complete before I get to ride the bike again so miss the engagement i felt when i purchased the bike.

Anyhow i have a heap of pics to contribute to a thread that may help others so will do as you recommend Doc and start my own thread with its own topic. Not planning to have the work completed for a few months yet. I just have to ride the ST4s until then.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NicoNZ said:

Anyhow i have a heap of pics to contribute to a thread that may help others so will do as you recommend Doc and start my own thread with its own topic. Not planning to have the work completed for a few months yet. I just have to ride the ST4s until then.

Will be fun to see your progress... isn’t it winter down there, time for some garage work? :->.   But sounds like you won’t be suffering, with an ST4 to ride and a V11 in the garage ready for some hands-on. Sounds like a good “happy place” to be.

i was extremely fond of my ST4 (916).  The sound of that machine with proper exhaust is in the class of the V11 (like the “Italian tenors”).

• Haha 1

Wrapped about 90% my 115,000 mile service (5,000 oil/filter/tune-up and 12,000 mile tank-off fuel and air filters).  Fork oil change remains. Learned a few things and will try to post them in the right places.

Rolled about 150 miles for a shake down ride. Over 90ºF/30ºC here today, so had a nice little picnic at a lovely spot nearby, Berlin Spring . . .

IMG_2593.jpg

• Like 4

Well, let's see. Decided to check the TPS today and found it set at 300 mv with all the assorted goodies disconnected and the throttle body fully closed. Set it to 157mv and proceeded to balance the throttle bodies. Lo and behold found a clamp between the throttle body and the left cylinder wasn't snugged down so there was an obvious leak there.

Since it seemed to run pretty well with all this going on it will be interesting to see how it does when I take it out in the morning.

• Like 3

On 2/19/2020 at 6:20 PM, LowRyter said:

Well well.  No carbon cover for me now.  E-mailed them, told me they were out of stock and the work crew had an additional two week vacation due to Coronavirus.   They will  start work on Monday.  Really?

OK,  $77?  I won't lose sleep over it.  It might be worth the price of admission to see what in the blue hell this is about.   I think I'll be lucky to get the piece by April.  My thinking is "never" is the likely delivery date.  We'll see.

My goodness.  They did send me the alt cover.  I have to admit that it's a pretty piece, smooth clear coat, solid thick and light as carbon fiber.  I think it is a carbon fiber sandwich over fiberglass real carbon fiber.  It even matches the carbon weave on the Guzzi headlight fairing.  I suppose that I shouldn't brag until I try to install it but looks gorgeous out of the box.  (I wonder if they make Ducati parts?)

It only took them 4 months but they did deliver.  

E4E240E675894EF89318A1566AE2A3DB.jpg

• Like 2

From what I see on their website, they have two versions. Yours is the CF / Fiberglass composite. The purely CF version is $99.

Let us know how the install and fit goes. Thinking of ordering one as well 😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4corsa said:

From what I see on their website, they have two versions. Yours is the CF / Fiberglass composite. The purely CF version is $99.

Let us know how the install and fit goes. Thinking of ordering one as well 😁

I got mine like 2 weeks ago. Carbon without kevlar. It's decent. I just need to get around to installing it. On the Scura you have all the brackets for the horns and rectifier just clustered there. The Lemans would take 30 seconds. I might order another. 8 week turn around though. 

Took red out for a Sunday test flight... New exhaust installed, and sun came out a bit.

With the new exhaust and crossover, she ran great. Arguably it’s a more linear throttle response through the rpm range. But it ran great before the exhaust change, so will need continued observations to confirm that initial thought. Mixed feeling on not having the mounting bracket on the agostini crossover.

The start switch on red didn’t crank it over. Hmm. Played with clutch, checked if it was in gear, cycled kill switch, etc. Was about to pull seat and check breakers and/or relays, but one last try on start switch and she cranked. Started up fine then, and did again on shut-down and restart.
Tiny seep from front brake Rez caused some paint damage to black paint on triple tree (sh!t).
Veglia rpm gauge now has some slight condensation on inside of glass. Will have to poke around the forum to see how much I should worry about that...
Still have the slight fueling “wandering” at lower rpm when at constant throttle.

But a good ride and sweet running machine...
d90677b2fd5a4a765f6c0f92b66dbcff.jpg

• Like 3

On the No Crank, sounds like clutch switch bullet connectors on the left side of the frame. I have serviced those (clean, treat, crimp, seal) with the fairing and tank in place, but it’s fiddly.

There is a link with image in the Tank Off Maintenance Checklist. You can also rotate the bars side to side while holding in the clutch and start button to see if it engages.

DSCN1472.jpg

[edit: added links and image]

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

Took red out for a Sunday test flight... New exhaust installed, and sun came out a bit.

With the new exhaust and crossover, she ran great. Arguably it’s a more linear throttle response through the rpm range. But it ran great before the exhaust change, so will need continued observations to confirm that initial thought. Mixed feeling on not having the mounting bracket on the agostini crossover.

The start switch on red didn’t crank it over. Hmm. Played with clutch, checked if it was in gear, cycled kill switch, etc. Was about to pull seat and check breakers and/or relays, but one last try on start switch and she cranked. Started up fine then, and did again on shut-down and restart.
Tiny seep from front brake Rez caused some paint damage to black paint on triple tree (sh!t).
Veglia rpm gauge now has some slight condensation on inside of glass. Will have to poke around the forum to see how much I should worry about that...
Still have the slight fueling “wandering” at lower rpm when at constant throttle.

But a good ride and sweet running machine...
d90677b2fd5a4a765f6c0f92b66dbcff.jpg

I'm with you on the crossover without a bracket. The complete exhaust then hangs from the exhaust ports and the muffler hangers. Weight and vibration. Not terrible, but a concern for me using Ti cans and thin can straps. I'd be concerned how the can bracket fastens to your CF jackets, or metal beneath. A xover bracket could be fabbed and welded on (could steal the one from the stock unit). I replaced my xover with Stucchi.

1 hour ago, docc said:

On the No Crank, sounds like clutch switch bullet connectors on the left side of the frame. I have serviced those (clean, treat, crimp, seal) with the fairing and tank in place, but it’s fiddly.

There is a link with image in the Tank Off Maintenance Checklist. You can also rotate the bars side to side while holding in the clutch and start button to see if it engages.

thanks Docc.  i should have thought of that.  but as my wife says, just a kid trapped in a mans body...

BTW, your 115k machine sure looks nice in the pics after your mx.  Special diet, massaging, and skin care creams keeping her in good shape?

I forgot to mention that i also noticed more of drip under the left throttle body, on the starter plastic cover.  used to drip about once a month, but seems worse now, though its been mostly sitting for the last many months.  may pull that left side TB and take a look.

IMG_6587.jpg

47 minutes ago, footgoose said:

I'm with you on the crossover without a bracket. The complete exhaust then hangs from the exhaust ports and the muffler hangers. Weight and vibration. Not terrible, but a concern for me using Ti cans and thin can straps. I'd be concerned how the can bracket fastens to your CF jackets, or metal beneath. A xover bracket could be fabbed and welded on (could steal the one from the stock unit). I replaced my xover with Stucchi.

good point.  i'll be looking at ways to do something like that. 

i am partial to how clean it looks down in that area without the charcoal cannister and all that stuff down there, but thats hair-splitting, and re-installing parts of it as solution for crossover support would be worthwhile.  does the Stucchi also not have a bracket?  the Mistral i have on Goldie has the bracket, and i do like the mistral in regard to the nuanced performance angle.