What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

The Stucchi has the suport,, if you find 2 let me know  :rasta:.  Might be ilegal to copy one ?  Just put the Mistral on my Greenie, which is solid and well made,, but the Stucchi has proven it's # on the bench.  I'm reading more tuning between the lines, I think we all like to hear about tuning.

Cheers tom.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 2:04 AM, Gmc28 said:

Will be fun to see your progress... isn’t it winter down there, time for some garage work? :->.   But sounds like you won’t be suffering, with an ST4 to ride and a V11 in the garage ready for some hands-on. Sounds like a good “happy place” to be.

i was extremely fond of my ST4 (916).  The sound of that machine with proper exhaust is in the class of the V11 (like the “Italian tenors”).

Yep definitely winter now!. Guzzi work continues. At 65000 kms I am pulling the ohlins rear shock for its first service. Why not since everything else around it is on the bench. I think it just makes me happy about not pulling the swingarm bearings yet.............

The St4s is a fine machine. Highly underrated is the ST series from Ducati.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NicoNZ said:

Yep definitely winter now!. Guzzi work continues. At 65000 kms I am pulling the ohlins rear shock for its first service. Why not since everything else around it is on the bench. I think it just makes me happy about not pulling the swingarm bearings yet.............

The St4s is a fine machine. Highly underrated is the ST series from Ducati.

I've posted on how to remove the swigarm bearing in 30 seconds with a home made tool

Ciao

• Like 1

Oh well, been waiting for the leak, those low friction Øhlins seals didn't like my last trip in the mountains. So trying these Swiss made seals.
Cheers Tom. 100e7f4ecd620df5de21ed3906fadb69.jpg51d7d4b11f639542854bc0e515950326.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A505FN via Tapatalk

• Like 2

Tom,

having a similar experience;  changed the seals on the Griso's Showa's this winter & after the few trips I've made out this year the RH forks leaking. ☹️

Picked up a 'fork cleaning ' thin piece of plastic & will have a go this afternoon. 

Tim, I did the 35mm film trick on the Mighty Scura's forks, and it helped for a bit. Finally decided to change out the seal, and found a small burr that was the cause. Carefully stoned it off, and haven't had a problem since.

Thanks 👍

I remember reading your thread years ago but had never had the occasion to try the technique.

There are new seals installed this winter by my new found suspension guy, who was good enough to let me join in and watch over his shoulder. So unless the seal was damaged on installation it has just picked up debris. Mind you I just looked at it & it's leaking alot now.

Guess it's my time to learn about seals :luigi:

I know it wont be a fix in every case but I have used these with great success on Aprilias with Ohlins that were weeping..for the money not much to lose.  

https://sealmate.net/products/seal-mate?variant=1414409453587&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItrrnq6aW6gIVRdbACh2FrwWsEAQYAiABEgIK2_D_BwE

• Thanks 1

Tom,
having a similar experience;  changed the seals on the Griso's Showa's this winter & after the few trips I've made out this year the RH forks leaking.
Picked up a 'fork cleaning ' thin piece of plastic & will have a go this afternoon. 
I put about 6000m on the Øhlins, so it was D time for service. And in all the bikes Kodak Gold,, might be lucky. And yes another IPA.
Cheers Tom d908b3cd0e3d51b17f95188439108486.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A505FN via Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chuck said:

Tim, I did the 35mm film trick on the Mighty Scura's forks, and it helped for a bit. Finally decided to change out the seal, and found a small burr that was the cause. Carefully stoned it off, and haven't had a problem since.

Yes Chuck often missed as the culprit.

Ciao

I bought one and haven't used it yet . I think I got it from Motion-Pro .  It is something inexpensive and a very cheap tool to get a good result . 

Replaced the tank protection pad as it was letting go. Had a lot of doubts about the position of the new one, but chose behind the seat and am happy with it.

Old:

20200618-154033.jpg

New: 

20200618-163440.jpg

There was surprisingly little discoloration of the paint underneath the pad.

• Like 1

Worked on the Showa fork seals with the MotionPro 'sealmate'. 

Once I got the hang of it it worked well. However I couldn't get all the way round the fork leg. Bent over double & with a flashlight could see the seal had torn & folded under the seal lip. Hence the large amount of oil recently.

The seal mate surprisingly was strong enough to pull the damaged part of rubber from under the seal. Cleaned up the mess & went for a ride. So far it's working as it should.

But knowing that it won't last I've decided to get all the tools needed from Traxxion to replace the seal myself. 

Can't have too many tools. :oldgit:

Thanks for the link to the Ohlins rebuild Chuck, it makes more sense now that I have opened up the Showas's

• Like 4