What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

I was cleaning the Moto and noticed my right fork is just weeping a little bit. Amazon has one day delivery so I’m waiting for it. Since it was a 2 pack special I figure you could have the other one.

Same here . 

#1 these seals are LOW tension seals .Remember that . You need to be absolutely  sanitary when you do this . Micro-fiber towels an all . CLEAN the wiper seal too . What ever is between it and the seal will go right back into the seal and you will do it all over again .

• Thanks 1

In a few minutes I am going to cut up a section of Pig-mat and zip tie it on the leg to catch the weeping to keep it off the bottom of the fork and onto the wheel .  It allegedly takes a little while to seal up .

On 7/26/2020 at 12:21 PM, docc said:

I’ve heard of those! 

(Don’t let my original fork seals hear us!) :unsure:

I used mine today and it worked! Fork leg is as dry as my humor. Yours went out in the post today @docc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@docc Have you pulled the dust seals down and noticed any crap? When I pulled mine, I found some dirt and debris. I was amazed..

Blasted it real good with brake clean and wiped out that inner dust seal. Also noticed my fork oil looked like spoiled ambrosia mixed with a little corn starch :/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikko said:

@docc Have you pulled the dust seals down and noticed any crap? When I pulled mine, I found some dirt and debris. I was amazed..

blasted it real good with brake clean and wiped out that inner dust seal real good. Also noticed my fork oil looked like spoiled ambrosia mixed with a little corn starch :/

Funny thing, riding this morning it occurred to me that I should pull the dust seals down and inspect/clean that space. I've always been afraid of damaging the dust seal messing with it . . .

I used a very thin flat blade screw driver for electronics. Just be very methodical and it will slide down. I forgot to mention I gave it a light wipe of silicone after blasting it w/brake clean

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gstallons said:

These come down a LOT easier than you think .

As long as they go back, and stay there, just as easily . . . :unsure:

They sit up against the fork tube quite snuggly. At least on my Öhlins. Can’t vouch for your set up. I was really surprised to find any debris in what looks to be a fairly tight seal.

Clearly something worked its way past and got into the fork seal to make it leak.I went on a 20-30 mile ride around the lake to test and when I got home it was dry. 

I’m glad because I really just wanna pull them off when the time comes. My fork project is.... (as most everything so far) becoming a great consumer of my time.

• Like 1