What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Gave her an overdue  clean and polish after a 500k strop through the backroads yesterday !

Sadly it looks like it may be the last for awhile as we look like going into severe lock down due to Covid 19.

Enjoy your bike folks and stay safe!

Cheers Guzzler

Ps even the crap winter weather let up and provided a beautiful 7 - 17 degree PERFECT day !

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 10:54 AM, al_roethlisberger said:

Sounds like this needs to be documented somewhere here, with photos ;)

Is the process and recommendations the same for the stock Marz and also Ohlins forks?

Cleaning w'the  Seal Mate ? Yes . You can Youtube it and watch a couple of videos by the Company . 

• Thanks 1

I would think so. I didn't bother taking any snaps because i wasn't very confident it was going to work. I had to run it around the tube about three times before it sealed. I went around it once, pumped the forks...still leaking, did it two more times and went for a 20 or so mile  "good" ride around the lake (lots of low-medium speed tight right and left hand turns) Then stopped for a coffee. When i got back home it was dry. I just went to look and it's still dry after sitting all week. here is a pic from 10 minutes ago....

IMG-5646.jpg

• Like 1

Gene.just wait till you see how righteous the forks that i just finished finalizing will look :) I have your rack boxed up in what i'd call "Apocalypse" proof packaging. If they arrive in any condition other then perfect, then i will finally believe in extraterrestrial life. Plus i had a ton of packing material left over from my tank and tail... enjoy! hehehehehe

I'll have my set available should you like to Righteousasize Your V11......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gstallons said:

Cleaning w'the  Seal Mate ? Yes . You can Youtube it and watch a couple of videos by the Company . 

Ah the "Seal Mate"...   :thumbsup:

https://sealmate.net/

I watched a few videos.   Interesting and simple little tool.  

Definitely a great inexpensive and simple first step to try before tearing down your forks, or sending them to a shop for new seals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, al_roethlisberger said:

Awesome :bier:

I wonder if yours is the highest mileage V11 Sport in the world?

I still have about 18 months to go for mine to reach 20 years old with the original owner.

I believe that would be  :notworthy:  @andy york's 2002 LeMans. 

IMG_9625.jpg

*Somewhere* beyond 124,000 miles/ 200.000 km . . .

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 8/3/2020 at 3:40 PM, docc said:

Celebrated twenty years with the Sport today. 

IMG_3040%202.jpg

I love this picture! Beautiful composition and exposure. Makes me want to jump in a canoe and go fishing! docc, are you back to running the flyscreen? It certainly gives your bike the “Silver Bullet” look.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2