What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

A few days late, but wanted to report another successful 3-day 700 mile Catskill Mountains tour. Return home day 3 was moderate rain the whole way, but no issues whatsoever. Same goes for my friend's Duc. 129f48a08c80925708eb76a0e476069a.jpg

• Like 7

On 10/17/2020 at 3:04 AM, po18guy said:

Have any stichery skills? A black nylon bandoleer of magnets wrapped around and velcroed in place would give you that 24/7 tactical all Molle all the time look.

Nice idea, but just seems like it would be something else to accumulate mud 😂

I placed the two magnets on the underside of the filter, and so far... they've stayed in place, and out-of-sight. I'm curious if they stay put for the life of the filter... time will tell.

__Jason

• Like 1

After a rocker ate the intake cam in my Kawi 500, I installed an oil drain plug from GoldPlug. Made in USA even. No listing for Guzzi specifically, but they surely have one to fit.

The issue with mine, however, is that in order to fit the deep-V sump to a V11 sport, I had to modify what would have been the drain plug to accept the breather return. So, in effect, my sump has no drain plug at all anymore - which means, no magnetic plug is possible.

I used to detach the breather return to drain. More recently, I've started using a vacuum pump to simply suck the old oil out through the fill hole.

__Jason

Well, so much for that idea. On my TX650 Yam, the oil breather dripped constantly. So, I bored a hole in the left case just over the primary sprocket. Rode 15k around the US one summer and the chain was fine.

Guzzi. Well, that's quite another story.

6 hours ago, jtucker said:

The issue with mine, however, is that in order to fit the deep-V sump to a V11 sport, I had to modify what would have been the drain plug to accept the breather return. So, in effect, my sump has no drain plug at all anymore - which means, no magnetic plug is possible.

I used to detach the breather return to drain. More recently, I've started using a vacuum pump to simply suck the old oil out through the fill hole.

__Jason

You need one of these in 16mm. Easy to make.

https://www.cmsnl.com/products/bolt-banjo-12mm_90008pd6010/#.X45BD9AzaUk

Ciao

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

You need one of these in 16mm. Easy to make.

https://www.cmsnl.com/products/bolt-banjo-12mm_90008pd6010/#.X45BD9AzaUk

Ciao

I did have something like that made. It's not magnetic, though - hence the magnets on the oil filter instead.

__Jason

7 hours ago, jtucker said:

I did have something like that made. It's not magnetic, though - hence the magnets on the oil filter instead.

__Jason

Here's what your sump return needs. One of these,

https://picclick.co.uk/AN-6-AN6-JIC-Flare-MALE-FEMALE-SWIVEL-371566058971.html#&gid=1&pid=1

Plus an M16 to AN6 adaptor and a AN6 blanking plug. Of course you then need to make up a new drain hose with AN6 100 series hose 1 straight and 1 30deg AN6 fittings and a M16 banjo assembly. Making the hose is cheap and easy, probably around $100us and the sump fittings the same,easy to fit. You can then have easy oil drain via the blanking cap and nice looking blue and red anodised alloy AN fittings for everything.

Here's mine

DSC01029.JPG

The easiest way to achieve the "magnet" thing is to fit a Filtermag tn. to your now external filter. If you fit it at the 6 oclock position it also provides some rock protection to the filter from the front wheel. I have 2 of these fitted to the cars.

https://4wdindustries.com.au/products/filter-mag-reusable-magnetic-oil-filtration-filter-life-extender-ss375

Ciao

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

First time playing with Guzzidiag. Saved a copy of the map, then used Tunerpro to turn the Lambda probe off. Reloaded the map and CO has changed from -128 to "0". Yay it worked.

Set TPS to 157mv following the "Decent Tune Up" instruction. It was 80mv. Balanced the Throttle bodies with the Motion Pro tool. They were a little out. Set the idle and now ready to go. Prior to this I had set the valves and installed new plugs.

So once I have repaired the headlight lens retaining screw setup I will be back on the road after a long period of maintenance. The bike should run a hell of a lot better now. I have a PCIII sitting on the shelf so now the Lambda is turned off I may use this and get adjusted on the dyno.

This has my first time playing with the TPS and TB's. I have always carried out all other maintenance on my bikes and I have owned a few Ducatis :rolleyes:

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Had a new Wilbers shock installed and fine tuned by Markbilt Racing (certified Ohlins Service Center). The shock was included with the purchase of my 03 LeMans. Rode 50 miles - nice improvement over the stock Sachs unit. The separate low and high-speed compression adjustments seem to make the most difference. It's much more compliant over bumps without losing overall proper firmness for cornering and heavy acceleration. f42a24987345aec3add9d1479cbda798.jpg

• Like 4

Driveshaft lubing today.  Got to hear that satisfying squidg sound of grease squeezing out of the front U-joint :)

V11 Driveshaft Service

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Finished making the fork cap extensions that are to go on the V11’s Showa forks.

I had a welder add the aluminum tube & then I turned the rough fabrication on my mini-lathe. Thanks to Chuck for the long distance coaching which got me through the initial set up. Machined the ‘nut’ today & am quite pleased.

41E5C3EC-DD3B-43AB-98AB-80D7CA58D331.jpeg

• Like 3

Love to also see pics when all done and on the bike.  Cool project.