What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Not so much “V11” as it’s gear...but I’ve always wanted a pair of some bad ass Daytona boots. That now can be scratched off the moto bucket list....

Updates forthcoming...just know I’ve been swamped with work/personal health issues blah blah blah... 

Happy New Year to everyone!

396E5F0D-8B65-4176-85AC-4BB12D78822F.jpeg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Pulled the K75S I was working on off the lift and put the V11 on the lift.  New battery, air filter, and plugs today.  Replaced the one blown fuse and put some extra fuses in the tool bag.  Heading to the auto parts store tomorrow for a section of hose to replace the one attached to the fuel vapors blow by pipe.  Also looks like I need to replace the headlight bulb as well.  Making progress. :-)

IMG_0853.jpg

• Like 4

It's the fuel vent and overflow hose that "empties" out at the bottom of the bike.  Picked up a replacement piece of hose today along with fluids so that I can hit the road all "fresh". :-)

• Like 1

While we're around the fuel tank , my black frame is leaking at the low fuel level sensor . I replaced the o-ring and it is still leaking . UGHH . 

Can the sensor itself leak fuel ?

• Confused 1

I was getting ready to flush the clutch fluid and as I finished putting the bike up on the OEM stand I found this..thing...under the bike on the ground. I don't recognize it....don't "think" it was on the ground before I moved the bike into position...and can't find anything amiss on the bike..so is this just FOD or part of the machine's life blood? 

(Crap...I better check the Ducati since I was working on it where the V11 is now....)

20210130_114256%5B1%5D.jpg

20210130_114248%5B1%5D.jpg

2 hours ago, gstallons said:

While we're around the fuel tank , my black frame is leaking at the low fuel level sensor . I replaced the o-ring and it is still leaking . UGHH . 

Through the wiring it can I think

Ciao

2 hours ago, leroysch said:

I was getting ready to flush the clutch fluid and as I finished putting the bike up on the OEM stand I found this..thing...under the bike on the ground. I don't recognize it....don't "think" it was on the ground before I moved the bike into position...and can't find anything amiss on the bike..so is this just FOD or part of the machine's life blood? 

(Crap...I better check the Ducati since I was working on it where the V11 is now....)

20210130_114256%5B1%5D.jpg

20210130_114248%5B1%5D.jpg

i'm going with.... rear shock damper washer thing. definitely looks Italian (crumbling plastic) .. or maybe a small bagel.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, footgoose said:

i'm going with.... rear shock damper washer thing. definitely looks Italian (crumbling plastic) .. or maybe a small bagel.

Yep thats it the shock full travel bumper. Horrible to replace. The spring needs to come off the shock and the eye end removed. I've had to get this done before, quite tricky.

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, gstallons said:

Maybe try this stuff?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ptx-80019

I used this to seal the fuel pump outlet to carb line on my Trans Am. Be judicious when applying and a little goes a long way.

E18361CA-39A3-4A7D-9F82-3C48928120F0.jpeg

8 hours ago, gstallons said:

I had a leak like that, and found that the two recessed nuts in the tank had pulled out a bit. I filed across the plastic base a tiny bit (0.5mm) to make sure that the o-ring was being clamped properly. Seemed to work for me.

• Like 2