What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

No worries docc :-)

The GEIs will go in and the OMRONs will serve as the backups.  The one TYCO is trash and the other will go in the toolbox for "troubleshooting" duties.  

• Confused 1

On 2/7/2021 at 3:17 PM, Chuck said:

Lay down the tools, back away from the machine, and nobody gets hurt..:o:D

That sucker is super easy to cross thread. It's perpendicular to the block, but there's an optical illusion of sorts when eyeballing the sump. This very thing is what caused me to buy a metric thread file 20 some years ago.. 

Yes, very easy to cross thread.   After several tries I just took off the pan. No way I was gonna bugger that thing.  I didn't know there are metric files(?).

The only time I was able to get it right was when the filter came loose and I lost oil pressure. For some reason it went right back on.   Of course I still had to take the pan off since the Bosch filter didn't fit through the manhole.   :o

Fitted new SBS front brake pads. One pad had nearly worn to the metal.

Changed brake fluid at same time.

Brakes feel good so far but still running in (200ks)

Off to Dunedin this weekend (800ks return) so will know if I like them or not by end of trip

23 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Fitted the new carbon rear hugger and at the wifes suggestion went for a ride on a nice sunny day.

Ciao

1367101016_DSC01218-Copy.JPG

13 hours ago, Kane said:

Nice. I also like your shortened rear fender. A nicely sorted bike!

Quite likely the very best sorted V11(/10) known to exist.  So very welldone!  :mg:  :luigi:

small.1367101016_DSC01218-Copy.JPG.913bb

• Like 2

and most of us are jealous of more than just the bike... Phil's reaping the benefits of residing in a great part of the southern Hemisphere in February:

Melbourne, sunny and 91 tomorrow, and saturday around 70 and sunny.  My house for thursday shows high of 34 in snow, low of 23. Then cold rain next week. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

and most of us are jealous of more than just the bike... Phil's reaping the benefits of residing in a great part of the southern Hemisphere in February:

Melbourne, sunny and 91 tomorrow, and saturday around 70 and sunny.  My house for thursday shows high of 34 in snow, low of 23. Then cold rain next week. 

Don’t complain. The last four weeks have been really cold up here. The temperature has been constant between -14 and -25 Celsius. The floor heating in the Guzzi temple is switched off.

Spinning vinyl and wait for warmer days.

• Like 2

I spent a few years in the South Pacific, if you can put up with the Typhoons, insects and the general malaise that comes with island living then yea...it’s great.

In my opinion, living in Michigan with the four seasons makes time feel like it goes a little slower vs sunny/sunny-rainy year round.

Here is a vintage picture of me earning a little side cash as “That guy on the boat”

you know..”Hey grab that .... and bring it over here” type... good times.

1FCC7115-0F1A-4B78-96F6-D584521929F4.jpeg

• Like 1

It’s something exotic living this close to the North Pole, or :rasta:

Cheers tom.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Call me a pu$$y , but I can put up with 99 degrees and 99% humidity any day .  

This idiot takes enuff blood thinner , my blood is red water & I sleep under a sheet , 2 army blankets and a weighted blanket in the summer . 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mikko said:

I spent a few years in the South Pacific, if you can put up with the Typhoons, insects and the general malaise that comes with island living then yea...it’s great.

In my opinion, living in Michigan with the four seasons makes time feel like it goes a little slower vs sunny/sunny-rainy year round.

Here is a vintage picture of me earning a little side cash as “That guy on the boat”

you know..”Hey grab that .... and bring it over here” type... good times.

1FCC7115-0F1A-4B78-96F6-D584521929F4.jpeg

Did I see you in an episode of Miami Vice ?

I don't miss below zero...Living in the South West US you forget the term "winterizing." I was just on the Scura yesterday.. in the 60s here(16degrees celcius)...Optimum running temp for air cooled bikes... Feeling quite lucky while reading... 

• Like 1