What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

16 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

and most of us are jealous of more than just the bike... Phil's reaping the benefits of residing in a great part of the southern Hemisphere in February:

Melbourne, sunny and 91 tomorrow, and saturday around 70 and sunny.  My house for thursday shows high of 34 in snow, low of 23. Then cold rain next week. 

Now you make me feel bad cause I'm always moaning about the Melbourne winters. Having said that I'm always amazed at the weather some others have to endure. Someone posted a while back either here or wildguzzi about an ice storm at their place. I wouldn't survive weather like that or heavy snow in winter, too soft.

Ciao 

Going through the worst cold spell in 35 years.  Not expected over freezing for a week-v10 days.   Been in the teens and 20s.  Wind, snow spit, freezing mist.  Can't get on the road.  

This is usually good riding time  2 years ago I purchased my Duc, rode it 200 miles from Dallas in nice 60-70 weather

Since prediction of this weather, we've purchased indoor paint and supplies.  Been painting and fixing ceiling cracks, smoking ribs, fireplace going, and had a few nice drinks.  Friday will rent a rug shampooer after the gym provided the roads are passable.  

• Like 3

Recently all I've been doing is pushing the Guzzi out of the way so I could work on the other bikes. I still manage to sneak out for a ride the other day between rain showers.

WlcFtfB.jpg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, swooshdave said:

Recently all I've been doing is pushing the Guzzi out of the way so I could work on the other bikes. I still manage to sneak out for a ride the other day between rain showers.

WlcFtfB.jpg

Good man Dave.  I just don’t have the heart to do the 1/2 mile of gravel road between me and the tarmac with the goose, since the gravel/dirt/lignan mix they use for less dust in summer turns into super-glue mud in winter.... don’t want to be trying to scrub that off the MG.

I used to ride year-round on my old oil head, and when i sold it a few years ago it had baked-in “stuff” from the winter road here in many crevasses that made it hard to really clean up for selling.  

Need to get out to the shop soon and do the winter mx on the MG, as spring is coming!  Do the oils, and then working out why (what little part is missing or messed up) the red V11 has a goofy, loose attach point for the fairing, though it looks all in order with just a quick inspection. 

• Like 1

After the throttle body R&R / fuel injector rebuild / TPS sync. / all the other wok ( I can't spell ancillary ) I took it for a spin . Ran out of fuel , sorta . It worked excellent after I turned the fuel on . Parked for a month . The week I left for Indiana to work I found gasoline on the floor again . I removed the tank about 10 Xs trying to fix it . The last same leak was all I wanted . I had all the MG I wanted . 

all I do is tinker with these things ALL the time . I am gonna load both onto the trailer , go down to the pond and make submarines out of them . 

I finally got the newish fuel level sensor , repaired the leak & wiring problem , repaired the front pucks so the tank could be installed w/o the RR jack handle . I did my best Jackie Gleason " And away we go " ....... Two revolutions and I am hearing George Thorogood in my shop . 

Nothing has , will or ever will replace the sound , satisfaction , feeling of this bike.... All is well in Kyland .        

• Like 3

I know the feeling... even though I have one now.. I always regretted selling my first one that I bought new. Even though I’ve had some very fine machines in between.. The V11 was special to me. The only bike that came close was my ‘05 999R 

Maybe it’s my preference for twins, but that was also a very well (and sadly a sales loser) put together machine.

My Scura will be pried out of my cold dead hands....

• Like 6

Today I started working in removing the Tupperware party Guzzi calls a rear fender:helmet:.
Without starting a discussion on whether this is the way to go or not, I am doing it in such a way it can always be restored to stock:bier:.

Question:
In my tail, I found these two. Out of curiosity and without extracting the entire wire loom to find out where they go, Anyone knows what these are?

20210215-195242.jpg

1 hour ago, gstallons said:

And what year is your bike ? These are coming out of the "pocket" ? 

Tinus89's Rosso Mandello is  2001.

And, yeah, what are those? The was nothing plugged into the connector on the left? And those yellow wire loops . . . from a previous owner?

How similar are/is the wiring to all the other bikes ? It seems like there are two wiring harnesses . Tinus89 , do you have your wiring diagram with your owner's manual ?

10 hours ago, gstallons said:

And what year is your bike ? These are coming out of the "pocket" ? 

Yeah these were in the back of the "pocket". Good to know maybe is that when I bought the bike, the actual pocket liner was missing. I installed that myself. So maybe something has been inside that tail. 

9 hours ago, docc said:

Tinus89's Rosso Mandello is  2001.

And, yeah, what are those? The was nothing plugged into the connector on the left? And those yellow wire loops . . . from a previous owner?

Nothing plugged into either connector. The yellow wire loops were indeed. Your questions are already telling me this is fairly special, so I may actually have to go and trace the wiring after all.

8 hours ago, gstallons said:

How similar are/is the wiring to all the other bikes ? It seems like there are two wiring harnesses . Tinus89 , do you have your wiring diagram with your owner's manual ?

Nope, I never got the owners manual with the bike, so no clue on the wiring harness.
I don't know exactly how similar they are. My bike is a '01 with a short frame (red frame length) but with a black colored frame.

There is a small button on my steering damper mount which obviously is not original, but does not do anything either. Possibly the bike has been fitted with an alarm system in the past, or PC?
I will go and investigate in the coming days and report back here.

• Thanks 1